Denver Metro Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanzigsMISFITS

Reaction score
I may be moving from the bay area CA to the Denver area. I know CO has a lot of good beers but my question would be... how is getting around without a car if you live ourside of Denver...things to do etc? i plan on living in englewood, aurora, littleton area... do they have close downtowns with some things to do etc. Anyone live there know or have experience there? Im flying in this weekend to check it out. Also any good brew supply shops

Friend of mine lives downtown right by the ballpark. Its effing badass down there! half mile from falling rock tap house where you can drink your blind pig on tap. You can always uber around from the burbs, but you're really not that far from DT in englewood. I'm no local, but Denver is one of my favorite places ever. You're lucky to be in the bay, are you going to be able to handle the winters in CO? Have fun man, the retail herb is pretty crappy in most places, but that can be worked around.

Outside of downtown, you need a car for the most part; things are pretty spread out. Old Town Littleton has a concentration of shops and restaurants. Englewood (or is it Centennial now) has The Streets of Southglenn, which is an outdoor mall. Aurora has an outdoor mall called The Southlands; it is pretty far from most things. We have a light rail system, but isn't very convenient, except for people in certain areas.

One of the better brew shops is in Aurora; The Brew Hut. I'm not as enamored with them as most people, but they have a good selection of products and haven't ever been out of what I went in for. I also like Castle Rock Homebrewing, but that's just south of the Denver metro.

Like the others said, it depends where you end up. The burbs tend to sprall out.

In the city if Denver, there's a neighborhood called the Highlands that's pretty popular and trendy. Good eats and drinks. Close to downtown Denver.

Are you going to be commuting anywhere on a daily basis?

Hit up Black Shirt Brewery while I was their due to the documentary I saw on it. Ended up turning down the job. Not worth freezing my retirement and taking a 30% pay cut

Back