Ayinger Oktoberfest is FANTASTIC!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justdrumin

Reaction score
Ive been in search of a true German brewed and bottled Oktoberfest that doesn't taste like its skunked. This is fantastic. Thoroughly enjoying it. This is what I need to brew in March.

image.jpg

+1 on the Paulaner. I had it on tap at Oktoberfest. Paulaner and Ayinger are by far the top on my list.

Ayinger makes great beer. Try their doppelback in the dead of winter. I'm making a marzen using a tri-decoction method in March; I'll lager it until September.

Ayinger makes great beer. Try their doppelback in the dead of winter. I'm making a marzen using a tri-decoction method in March; I'll lager it until September.

I plan to do the same this March. Triple decoction and all. I've been lookin for this Oktoberfest forever and I just found it. I did find paulaners Salvator which is fantastic!

Ive been in search of a true German brewed and bottled Oktoberfest that doesn't taste like its skunked. This is fantastic. Thoroughly enjoying it. This is what I need to brew in March.

Well you should of asked me, I could have told you that!!:mug:

IMHO, you are correct, the best Oktoberfest I've had.

That is hands down my favorite Marzen. Every year, I stock up on it right when it comes in to the local bottle shop, and invariably I teach a few more people to appreciate and enjoy a wider range of beer.

My wife doesn't like beer and she likes Ayinger's Marzen... far and away my favorite.

I used to be the worlds biggest hop head, but now I'm learning to enjoy the malty side and I love it! I'm a huge sucker for a nice malty brew, especially a lager.

yeah, how is this an ayinger post without the celebrator??? i love all ayinger beer, but for me that one takes the cake.

I wish I could get these on tap. Why do they use green bottles. Skunk fest

I know! All the beers I've had were in green bottles...terrible! This one is the first one I've seen around my parts in dark bottles and it tastes great!

As far as the celebrator...I'd love to have some if I could find it. I was lucky to find this one.

I wish I could get these on tap. Why do they use green bottles. Skunk fest

I know! All the beers I've had were in green bottles...terrible! This one is the first one I've seen around my parts in dark bottles and it tastes great!

As far as the celebrator...I'd love to have some if I could find it. I was lucky to find this one.

A friend of mine owns a bar and so far he's been able to get it on tap the last couple of years. That my friends is heaven!;)

A friend of mine owns a bar and so far he's been able to get it on tap the last couple of years. That my friends is heaven!;)

I couldn't imagine how good it is on tap. Must be nice!! I had paulaners Oktoberfest on tap and boy I tell ya!!! That is some good stuff.

Anyone have a good recipe or know what ingredients they use and the process?

This can get you started:

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=Imperator

The author uses a decoction method with Weyermann's Dark Munich malt as a base. The use of an under-modified floor malt would require a more complicated process.

I'd like to make a Dopplebock one day but am learning to make Pilsners at the moment. In a few years I'll tackle a Doppelbock but in the meanwhile I'm happy to drink Celebrator during the dark winter months.

This can get you started:

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=Imperator

The author uses a decoction method with Weyermann's Dark Munich malt as a base. The use of an under-modified floor malt would require a more complicated process.

I'd like to make a Dopplebock one day but am learning to make Pilsners at the moment. In a few years I'll tackle a Doppelbock but in the meanwhile I'm happy to drink Celebrator during the dark winter months.

Although Kai has some great stuff and that's probably a great recipe, I'm not sure that person was talking about a doppelbock or the Ayinger Oktoberfest.

Maybe...

The thread had shifted from discussion of Ayinger Oktoberfest to discussion of Ayinger Celebrator before the post was made. I just assumed that it was Celebrator for which a recipe request was made.

The recipe link is not for a Celebrator clone, but is in a general sense a recipe for doppelbock.

So I just had some Ayinger Celebrator and...WOW! So good. I agree. There is a smoothness to Celebrator that Salvator just doesn't have. I got a bottle of it at Taco Mac and it had the goat charm still on it! I was pretty excited.

Back