Mid Hudson Valley, CT Round#9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
Mid Hudson Valley, CT Round#9

This buy is OPEN

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks for this delivery.
2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (Wappingers, NY).
3. Paypal will be used. you must send payment as a "personal payment" so no fees are assessed. if you send the payment incorrectly and i have to pay fees, you will be responsible for reimbursing me.

ORDER ENTRY

reply to this thread with what you want.
If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me, there will be an additional fee for any payment other than paypal. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY: Will be made to a retail location Wappingers, NY open 7 days a week for easy pickup.

I will expect participants to work together and figure out a plan to mule sacks for their region. This worked out well last time. in the past we were able to get sacks as far east as Hartford, CT and as far west as Pennsylvania.

K47K will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you.

Pricing should be similar to past buys:
Best Malts (Vienna, Munich, Pilsner, Wheat) ~$48
Great Western (2row, Pale, etc) $35-40
Briess - Varies
Maris Otter / Golden Promise ~$55-56
others available.

TOTAL SACKS: 42

k47k 2 (2-corn, 1-pale)
DLAMB - 2 (1-pale, 1-2row)
MRWALLEYE - 3 (1-2row, 1-whitewheat, 1-PILS)
BIGTUNA - 2 (1-MO, 1 - 2row)
MSASTORIA - 3 (1-MO, 1-PILS, 1-2row) (possible split 1-GP, 1-Wheat, 1-Munich)
BRAVENEWBEER - 2 (1-MO, 1-2row)
PAUL - 1 (1-MUNICH) Prefer Wyerman
ERIC - 2 (1-Vienna, 1-MO)
DOUBLEBIRD - 9 (1-50lb PBW, 5-2row, 1-C40, 1-pale, 2-Corn) corn comes in 25lb sack
STICKYFINGER - 5 (2-2row, 1-MO, 1-Munich Dark, 1-Pils) Prefer wyerman
ROMMELMAGIC - 2 (1-MO, 1-GW 2Row)
BIGAPPLE - 2 (2-GW-PALE) 8lbs of PBW if available.
WSTBREWING - 2 (1-PILS, 1-Vienna) (someone to mule)
hg312508 - 2 (2-Orgainic 2row)
naugled - 1 (Vienna)
PMetty - 2 (1-2row, 1-munich)

I'm in for 3 sacks, and am also in for the following splits if someone else is:

1 sack maris otter
1 sack 2-row
1 sack pilsner

half-sack: white wheat
half-sack: golden promise
half-sack: munich

1 sack of Munich. Weyermann if it's available, Best is ok if it's not

Thanks!

put me down for the 50lb pail of PBW
5- 2 row
1- 40L Crystal
1 - Pale Ale Malt
1- 50lb bag of flaked Maize (corn)

DOUBLE:

The available flaked corn (Briess) comes in 25lb bags, shall i put you down for 2?

I'd like some, please!

2 - American 2-row - whatever is cheap
1 - Maris Otter
1 - Munich Malt - Weyermann II (8-10L) is preferred
1 - Pils Malt - Weyermann Pilsner Malt is preferred

I'm in for 3 sacks, and am also in for the following splits if someone else is:

1 sack maris otter
1 sack 2-row
1 sack pilsner

half-sack: white wheat
half-sack: golden promise
half-sack: munich

I could split an additional half-sack of Weyermann Munich II with you MSAstoria...

I will take two bags of the Great Western Pale. Do they sell 10 pound containers of PBW or just the 50 pounders?

I will take two bags of the Great Western Pale. Do they sell 10 pound containers of PBW or just the 50 pounders?

50lbers only on this buy. i may be getting a pail and splitting it up though.

Hi,
I'm just trying to find the prices on a bag of flaked wheat and a bag of corn maize.
Also, is there anyone who can mule back to Connecticut?

Anyway to get price estimates?

Thanks,
WSTbrewing

The flaked corn (25lb bag) should be around $34
The Flaked Wheat (50lb bag) should be around $41

Hi,
I'm just trying to find the prices on a bag of flaked wheat and a bag of corn maize.
Also, is there anyone who can mule back to Connecticut?

Anyway to get price estimates?

Thanks,
WSTbrewing

Where in Connecticut? I could get it to New Milford.

I'm in for...
1- flaked wheat (or torrified wheat if possible)
1 - Vienna Malt

I'm in Waterbury CT and work down in Bridgeport CT. If anyone can mule in that direction I would definitely be in. New Milford would work if I can't get anyone closer.

wstbrewing

Anyone hauling grain to the Hartford, CT area? Or en route to NYC? I am going to NYC for New Years, or could swing by Hartford on a weekend before. I live in Sturbridge, MA

If so, I'd be interested in:

1 sack of Pilsner
2 sacks of Munich

cheapest options for each.

I'd be interested in a Hartford area group effort as well. I don't have much opportunity to travel, so help would be appreciated.

If so, I'd be in for:
1 sack MO
1/2 sack Munich
1/2 sack wheat

Please add a sack of pilsner to my order, making my order a 1-2row, 1-white wheat, and 1-pilsner

Thanks!

I'd be interested in a Hartford area group effort as well. I don't have much opportunity to travel, so help would be appreciated.

If so, I'd be in for:
1 sack MO
1/2 sack Munich
1/2 sack wheat

I'd also be in for the following if there is a Hartford area mule.

3 sacks GW-Pale
1/2 sack Munich
1/2 sack wheat

I'm in for

1 sack of vienna

1/2 sacks of: (splits if anyone is interested)
Golden Promis
Pils
Munich (light)

And 10# of PBW if that split happens.

If the 1/2 sacks don't happen I might be able to swing whole sacks of a few of those.

Is there an organic 2 row available?

If not I would like one sack Great Western 2 row and one sack Great Western Pale.

Thank you!

I think I may have just posted on an older order. New to the forum.
If organics are available I am interested. If not, I would like one sack Great Western 2 row and one Great Western pale. Thank you.

Hi,
I can't wait for the flaked wheat. I picked up a sack on my own, can I change the flaked wheat sack to a sack of pilsner.

Thanks
wstbrewing

The Buy is now tentatively CLOSED

i believe i got all the orders and changes documented correctly. they are listed on the first post in the thread. please go to the first post and verify your order is correct. if there is no maltster listed it is because you didnt specify one, i will select the malster for you unless directed otherwise. Ill be using the same vendor as last time so german malts will be Best, no Weyermann this time around.

NEXT STEP:
1. Go to the first post in the thread and validate your order
2. email me (joshadmin at optonline dot net) the following:
a. Your full name and homebrew talk screen name.
b. your phone number
c. full name and phone number of the person who will be picking up your order.
d. confirmation your order is correct. changes are ok but theres no opportunity to ADD unless someone backs out.

3. i will reply to you with your total.
4. you will send paypal (as a personal transfer) to the email listed above
5. once i have all payments ill place the order and it will be delivered a few days after.

for the hartford / capital region folks, sorry as far as i know there are no mules available to these locations. we can open another buy if there is adequate interest (42 sacks) and mules.

I want two sacks either way, organic or non. Could you just give me a ballpark for the organic 2 row? Additionally, what brand?
Thank you for putting this together. Awesome!

I want two sacks either way, organic or non. Could you just give me a ballpark for the organic 2 row? Additionally, what brand?
Thank you for putting this together. Awesome!

Breiss Organic 2row should be around $57

Great Western Organic 2Row should be around $51

Please follow the instructions in the post above/below. Thanks!

The Buy is now tentatively CLOSED

i believe i got all the orders and changes documented correctly. they are listed on the first post in the thread. please go to the first post and verify your order is correct. if there is no maltster listed it is because you didnt specify one, i will select the malster for you unless directed otherwise. Ill be using the same vendor as last time so german malts will be Best, no Weyermann this time around.

NEXT STEP:
1. Go to the first post in the thread and validate your order
2. email me (joshadmin at optonline dot net) the following:
a. Your full name and homebrew talk screen name.
b. your phone number
c. full name and phone number of the person who will be picking up your order.
d. confirmation your order is correct. changes are ok but theres no opportunity to ADD unless someone backs out.

3. i will reply to you with your total.
4. you will send paypal (as a personal transfer) to the email listed above
5. once i have all payments ill place the order and it will be delivered a few days after.

for the hartford / capital region folks, sorry as far as i know there are no mules available to these locations. we can open another buy if there is adequate interest (42 sacks) and mules.

Please follow the instructions above so i can get this closed out before the holidays.

I'd love to get in on the group buy, I'm from southern CT, just north of New Haven. Is there any interest from other CT people to get a bulk buy going. I'd like 3 sacks.
2 Maris Otter
1 2-Row.

I'm from CT and would like to get in on a group buy. I'd like 2 Bags Maris Otter and 1-2 Row. Is there a buy coming to CT?

Back