Hop rocket as infuser, how to hookup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idigg

Reaction score
Need some help :D

I bought a hop rocket earlier this year, and tried using it as a hop back. I didn't hook it up correctly, and ended up plugging my pump and got frustrated and set the hop rocket on a shelf.

I want to use this as a randall, but confused on how to hook it up to my 3/16" beverage line ball lock system. The rocket has 1/2 NPT..

Was watching this video, not sure what all these parts are?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEO75CszMcI[/ame] - at 6:40

Any help is appreciated :D Thanks
Justin

The in port is the side port, and the out is the top port.
Use the gaskets as shown, and make sure the fine screen is in the top portion of the can.
Use ss adapters... 1/2" npt to 1/4" flare. It's not rocket science. Ha, I made a funny... get it... rocket science. I crack myself up.

I hooked up the Hop Rocket with 2 oz of Cascade hops and a beer which was just fine from the keg. But with the hop rocket attached, it just pours foam instead of beer. I fill the glass and drink the foam after about 20 mins of settling so I dont waste it.

Why am I just getting foam? I bought the blichman connectors to Flare and everything.

Is there air trapped in it?
Are you serving at the same pressure you carbed at?
Do you have it before or after the 10' of serving line?

Back