Upgrade & Diagram Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fman872

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this info is out there already put I've been pouring thru posts and can't seam to find this. That or my brain is fried from looking at all the different types of systems.

Right now I have a 120V RIMS system, propane BK and cooler HLT. I built the RIMS from this diagram. I added a switched alarm function with flash buzzer.

Auberin-wiring1-SYL-2352-basic5-RIMS.jpg

I want to upgrade to an all electric system. I have a 30A 4 prong dryer receptacle that I will add a GFCI breaker to.

What I'd like to have in the panel
Keyed master power switch
Include everything in the above 120v RIMS system
Add a second pump
HLT PID with alarm function and switch to heat the element
Boil PID with alarm function and switch to heat the element
A switch to select between power the HLT and Boil element
lights to indicate that elements are getting power

I think that's it?

Does this make any sense? Can I do all this?

:mug:

I'm sorry if this info is out there already put I've been pouring thru posts and can't seam to find this. That or my brain is fried from looking at all the different types of systems.

Right now I have a 120V RIMS system, propane BK and cooler HLT. I built the RIMS from this diagram. I added a switched alarm function with flash buzzer.

...(diagram)...

I want to upgrade to an all electric system. I have a 30A 4 prong dryer receptacle that I will add a GFCI breaker to.

What I'd like to have in the panel
Keyed master power switch
Include everything in the above 120v RIMS system
Add a second pump
HLT PID with alarm function and switch to heat the element
Boil PID with alarm function and switch to heat the element
A switch to select between power the HLT and Boil element
lights to indicate that elements are getting power

I think that's it?

Does this make any sense? Can I do all this?

:mug:
Need more info:
Intended batch sizes?
Element sizes for HLT & Boil?
Source info for intended parts to be used?

I think I can help but I'm in the dark.

P-J

Thanks for jumping in P-J. I do five gal batches and I don't think I'll make more than that at a time.

4500 watt elements. Is it possible to run all the elements at the same time? I'm more likely to do back to back five gallon batches than one ten gallon. I just don't know what the max you can do on a 30 amp system.

I used all parts from Auber when I built the RIMS system and would like to use them again to keep everything uniform.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Just did some math. Is this right?
9.4 amps rims
2.8 amps two pumps
18.8 amps 4500 watt elemant

So that's 31 amps with everything on max. Is this possible?

I understand what you are saying but I think there should be more comments regarding the threat that was initially started so that the pool of thoughts is attracted. Regards.

Latest posts

Back