sugar in homemade fruit extract and bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopJuicer

Reaction score
Hey there all,

I made a 16 gallon batch of a simple blonde recipe and mashed at 160 to leave unfermentable sugar. 12 gallons fermented clean with us05 and finished at 1.015, brett b. and used oak spirals (zinfandel) from a local winery were added. The 4 remaining gallons were fermented with 3711 french saison. This beast chewed it down to 1.004 even with that high of a mash temp! On to my question. I took 32oz dried apricots an put them in a growler and filled it with vodka a few months back and the taste is awesome! I want to add a little bit of the apricot extract to the saison at bottling but am worried about the sugar from the fruit + priming sugar. Should the extract be added to the saison a couple days in advance to eat any of these sugars or is the sugar from the fruit not enough to cause issues when calculating priming sugar? Thanks in advance!

Back