Any hop growers in NH?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delirious187

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone locally is growing fresh hops in the NH / Mass area. I'd like to get or buy some fresh hops still on the vine to incorporate into flowers for someone special. We both share a common interest in craft beer and homebrewing. Thought it would be a really cool idea to have a florist use hop vines in a bouquet.

Any help is appreciated.

Just curious if anyone locally is growing fresh hops in the NH / Mass area. I'd like to get or buy some fresh hops still on the vine to incorporate into flowers for someone special. We both share a common interest in craft beer and homebrewing. Thought it would be a really cool idea to have a florist use hop vines in a bouquet.

Any help is appreciated.

I live in Dover, NH and have hops. No flowers yet but if I can be of service let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Talk to Bert at Bert's Better Beers in Hooksett and he'll hook you up!

I'd be more than happy to provide some cones-on-the-bine for an arrangement - once I have some cones. I'm not far from SNH - and I roll through on the way to and from our other house up near Franconia many weekends. If you're still looking in a month or so, PM me...

Cheers!

Wow, thanks for the responses and generosity! I would definitly like to reach out to you folks, not to mention buy locally grown hops.

So I gather it will be at least another month before you have full buds/flowers? I was hoping to put an arrangment together for next week. Perhaps I should reach out to NeHA?

Wow, thanks for the responses and generosity! I would definitly like to reach out to you folks, not to mention buy locally grown hops.

So I gather it will be at least another month before you have full buds/flowers? I was hoping to put an arrangment together for next week. Perhaps I should reach out to NeHA?

I doubt you'd find any appreciable hops on the vine in the north east, this time of year. I certainly don't have any cones, but I'm up in central VT. Maybe someone from Connecticut?

Looking at last year's pics the cones were still pretty small the first week of August here, and the first harvest (Centennial) was the first week of September. So it's gonna be awhile...

Cheers!

I live in Dover, NH and have hops. No flowers yet but if I can be of service let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Not to threadjack but I've been working and staying in Dover. If you could shoot me a PM about anything beer related to do there, it would be much appreciated. To the OP I have bines too but no flowers...just burrs. My wife is a florist, maybe she could do something cool with it instead of a floral green. I'll be back in Dover on Monday...let me know if your interested.

Latest posts

Back