• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Other Free Blichmann "Brewtility" 3-in-1 Tool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefost

Reaction score
UPDATE: OUT OF STOCK

Wasn't sure where to post this, mods move it if you'd like.

Blichmann is offering a free 3-in-1 tool thingamajig if you register on their webpage:

http://www.blichmannengineering.com/node/1221/free-tool

3-in-1 BrewTility Tool

Flat-head Screwdriver to adjust your CO2 regulator
9/16" Flare Wrench - Standard size for Corny Kegging Systems
Bottle Opener
Keyring Hole

Note: I am not affiliated with Blichmann, just passing this along :D

free tool out of stock lol

Ah bummer, glad people were able to get in on it for a little while at least.

Strangely, it looks like Blichmann just started advertising this free tool on HBT banner ads, but they are already all gone...

Got an email from them today saying my submission didn’t make it in on time to receive one of the kits. Said their 10k+ kits were gone in less than a week...

Got an email from them today saying my submission didn’t make it in on time to receive one of the kits. Said their 10k+ kits were gone in less than a week...

Yeah I got the same and I'm beginning to wonder if they actually gave any out because I signed up early...hopefully somebody can confirm if they got one

I recieved an email saying I got one hat it will be 4 to 6 weeks on delivery. Also got an email stating they are running a contest for all those who signed up they are giving away 20gallon Boilmaker with the boilcoil beer guns and a few other things. Drawing is may 16th or 17tj

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I got the same "You didnt sign up fast enough" email. Sucks I was actually really looking forward to getting it. Maybe I'll win a beer gun :(

I got an email saying its coming in 4-6 weeks... Then I got another one saying I won't get one but I'm in the drawing. Boil coil has been on my wish list!

I signed up early, and got the email saying I won't get one. :(

I also started receiving brewing catalogs from a company that I've never done business with before, using the same info I signed up for the freebie with. Looks like Blichmann may have been selling our details.

Yeah, I got a text from a carpet cleaning company shortly after signing up...and got both emails... that's crappy business.

Hi all - John here from Blichmann Engineering.

First, I would NEVER sell or give these email addresses to ANYONE. I hate getting that stuff myself and it certainly isn't a good business move either!

Second, I really apologize for how quickly this ended. We were going along fine for the first 4-5 days and thought I'd be able to leave this promotion going for 4-6 weeks at least. Then sites like "freebies.com" got hold of it and the thing went viral. Either someone posted it or they picked up on the FREE word with a bot. We shut it down as quickly as we realized what was going on, but it went from 3000 entries to 25,000 in about 6 hours. Obviously internet looters wanting the tool who know nothing of home brewing. I had no idea there were sites and people like that out there in such numbers. How sad.

We are regrouping and trying to figure out how to get these into the hands of real home brewers. Therein lie the second give-away offer.

Again, I really apologize for this and will figure out a way to get these tools into brewers hands. If you got an email with a "sorry you didn't make it" all I can suggest is that you click the link at the bottom to stay on the email list (hint hint) and something may show up in your mailbox. But PLEASE don't post that hint on the freebie sites!

Again, we intended for this to be a way for us to reach out to homebrewers about what's going on at Blichmann and to get you a cool kegging tool and some fun trinkets.

John

John,

Thanks for posting a more detailed explanation. I still don't know how williams brewing suddenly got hold of my information, but I received their catalog about 4 days after I signed up for the free tool using the same name and address formatting that I used on your site, and it raised my suspicions. I may have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

Perhaps for the next giveaway (if there is another), you could ask a homebrewing question that people must answer to help weed out the freebie hunters.

I, like many others, am bummed that I missed out on this deal, but I still have my eye on the Boilermaker and hope it'll be in my near future.

Well, I'm not sure either. I certainly didn't give any of that out. Did you sign up directly on our page, or did you route through one of the freebie sites? I will say that a portion of the freebie sites were actual homebrewers so I can't just toss them all out. I'll follow up with the company we used for the promotion (local guys) and see if their guys know how that could happen.

Like your idea of a questionnaire with questions only a home brewer would know. Something we will consider!

I'd like to sign up for email updates, regardless of the free tool give away, but I'm not able to find a link for it on the site anywhere, any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind found it by searching for email on the site ;)

John,

Thanks for posting a more detailed explanation. I still don't know how williams brewing suddenly got hold of my information, but I received their catalog about 4 days after I signed up for the free tool using the same name and address formatting that I used on your site, and it raised my suspicions. I may have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

Perhaps for the next giveaway (if there is another), you could ask a homebrewing question that people must answer to help weed out the freebie hunters.

I, like many others, am bummed that I missed out on this deal, but I still have my eye on the Boilermaker and hope it'll be in my near future.

I got a catalog from Williams Brewing about 5 days after signing up. I've never done anything with Williams Brewing and I am pretty surprised to see that it is possible there is a link between the free tool offer and my home address getting to Williams Brewing. I wanted the free tool and signed up right on Blichmann's site within the first day I saw the notice of the free tool. I am entered in the giveaway though, which is cool I suppose.

I wonder if we should start a thread for Williams Brewing to see who suddenly got a catalog after signing up for the free tool.

I got the email saying I wouldn't get one. Too bad they're going to random free-loaders as opposed to homebrewing free-loaders. That said, I do have a Floor Burner and natural gas conversion kit on my wants list.

I too received a Williams catalog out of the blue just recently...

I emailed Williams and asked. They said they're not linked to Blichmann with the catalogs and said I am likely on the short term catalog list. I gave my city and zip to have them research further to see how I was added. I explained to them the situation and just said it is not the catalog so much as how I was added to their list.

I also Received a Magazine from Williams and have never ordered from them but...... this is the second one I have received from them so while the timeliness of everyone getting said mag is questionable. I don't believe one has to do with the other.
And thank you Blichmann for The heads up on staying on the email list.

It's amazing how all of us that are registered on this site all got William's Brewing catalogs this week. I have never used them, but have signed up all over the place, so narrowing down the culprit selling our info is difficult. :)

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I signed up directly. I don't go through the freebie sites.

It seems like it's just a weird timing thing. But I'd be interested to know where williams got my info from, and the fact that I'm a homebrwer. Did everyone else that got an email from williams, also have a subscription to "Brew your own" magazine?

I have a sub to BYO and according to William's, I'm not in their database yet I got a catalog with a bear on it. Oh well.

Are you a member of AHA. Maybe from this site who the freak know it kills me that this thread has taking this turn into a conspiracy theory rant and bashing Blichmann for running out of 10,000 free thingies

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

OK - I talked to the company that did the promotion for us (great local company) and their only thought is with the freebie sites making a signup with tracking linked to our site. I honestly don't know how all this stuff works, but it is getting pretty creepy. They have done a lot of similar promotions and have never run into this before.

OK most posters here said they signed up directly on our site so I have no idea why they got Williams stuff other than a coincidence. Bill at Williams has been a retailer of ours for years and is a decent guy so I don't think he would do anything malicious. And I didn't give anything out.

I am doing everything I can to sort out the free-loaders and get these just to the home brewers. And I ordered more of the tools (6 week lead time sadly). If you are going to the NHC I'll bring some there and will be handing out.

Seriously, if I knew it was all home brewers in our database I'd make sure everyone got one. So bear with us so we can sort all of this out.

Really - who has time to sit around and order crap they don't need. Jack-asses.

John

Don't worry guys - I'd be as pissed as you if I were in your place. Looking at it from your side I can see where this looked like a total scam. I don't think I'm smart enough to pull something off as masterminded as that! Of course I'd need freakin sharks with freakin laser beams on their heads to get started.

Do the right thing and in the long run things will work out. We'll get this turned around. I appreciate you all giving me the benefit of the doubt.

I suppose the good thing is that even non-brewers thought our little beer tool was nifty.

Oh, we did do some add stuff to drive ads here on HBT but I can't imagine that this forum did anything on purpose either. They've been around as long as us if not longer.

I dropped Bill at Williams an email - thinking it was just a coincidental mailing date. May 1 for spring issue??

John

Dear Everyone:

As the founder of William's Brewing, we have never used a name to mail a catalog to we did not pay for. We have never used Homebrewtalk's list or Blichmann's list, and would never do so without their written consent.

We market to a wide variety of lists but pay for every name. Anyway, I just wanted to give you our viewpoint on this, and clear the air on Blichmann and Homebrewtalk.

Thanks for your orders over the years!

Bill Moore
William's Brewing

I signed up directly. I don't go through the freebie sites.

It seems like it's just a weird timing thing. But I'd be interested to know where williams got my info from, and the fact that I'm a homebrwer. Did everyone else that got an email from williams, also have a subscription to "Brew your own" magazine?

Yes I get BYO mag...... hmmmm

I think it's odd but I never felt like I jumped to a conclusion. Just saw two pieces of a possible puzzle fitting. Both companies have been wonderfully responsive. It is what it is. Now both of you have my address to send a free tool or my prize if I win the contest. :p :mug:

Back