Igloo 10 gallon Chest Freezer on sale, how many 5 gal kegs will it fit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first guess, 10 gallons divided by 5 gallons is 2. But since this freezer is actually 10 cubic feet and not gallons, hard to say. Judging by the picture, 2 kegs may still be the correct answer. You normally can't get a full size keg on the hump section.

We have the igloo10 cubic it's holding 38 degrees perfect and we have 6 ball locks in it currently with no collar. We think it's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

We have the igloo10 cubic it's holding 38 degrees perfect and we have 6 ball locks in it currently with no collar. We think it's awesome!

Are you using an external temp control?

No it comes with a refridgerator setting. No need for any extra external controls.

Does anyone have pictures on how to remove the lid hinges and how to replace them on the collar for the igloo 10 cubic?

Does anyone have pictures on how to remove the lid hinges and how to replace them on the collar for the igloo 10 cubic?

You could just build a coffin keezer and forget about the collar.

I just picked my freezer up today so I haven't started the build yet but the plastic covers pop off the hinges in the back really easy and then you can just unscrew the bolts. 1401757594968.jpg

I just picked my freezer up today so I haven't started the build yet but the plastic covers pop off the hinges in the back really easy and then you can just unscrew the bolts. View attachment 203374

Thanks @TNTgill! When you do the build will you share you process with pictures?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Definitely I'll try to start this week getting the wood and planning it out. If you get started first please post yours too.

Latest posts

Back