• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wisconsin Stovetop Brewing Equipment For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo_wire

Reaction score
Well, I think it's time to let someone else enjoy this brewing equipment as much as I used to. I haven't brewed much since my wife was diagnosed with celiac disease a couple of years ago (not too fun to say "Hey, this is great! You should try it! Oh, but you can't ...").

So I'm offering everything you need for a good stovetop brewing setup (except the brewpot -- I quit brewing but not tamale making).

I'd rather sell it all for one low low price than piece it out and don't want to ship it. I'm located in NE Milwaukee County.

So, $100 for everything:

1-glass 6 gallon carboy
1-6 gallon Better Bottle
3-2.5 gallon Better Bottles (I think one is unused)
1-25 foot copper immersion chiller (homemade)
1-Bottling Bucket
About 3 cases of bottles

Other items include .... just about everything you need. Bottling wand, autosiphon, PBW, Starsan, hydrometer, airlocks, stoppers, caps, cappers, homemade hop spider, probably a copy of Papizan, etc ...

Everything is clean and in very good condition (not clean like "don't bother rinsing and sanitizing it" but clean like "well taken care of and stored properly.")

I used the BYO "Stovetop Partial Mash" method which uses a 2-gallon igloo cooler as a mash tun, and eventually I got a second cooler. This allowed me to do 2.5 gallon all-grain batches of just about any gravity I wanted, or to do what I called "Sort of All-Grain" -- 5 gallon batches up to about an OG of 1.050 without any fermentables besides the grain, although you would need some top-off water. Anyway, that paragraph was a long winded way of saying "2 two-gallon Igloo coolers also".

Also brewing salts, some corn sugar, a few pounds of DME, some oak nibs and paradise seeds. And, if you are willing to take a little risk on some hops and yeast that have been sitting around for a while, 7 oz of hops and 4 packages of dried yeast that have been in my fridge for a year or so.

PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking.

CAM00407_zps9f8def2c.jpg

CAM00408_zpsfdc49e97.jpg

CAM00409_zps5c65ebad.jpg

Oh man, I was totally going to jump on this today, but some SOB threw a rock through my truck window!!! All cash is going towards my deductible right now but PM me in a week or two if you don't find a buyer.

Willing to ship? I'm interested in the chiller and maybe a small better bottle.

is this still available? I live in west allis and could pick up when available.

thanks,
jw

If you decide to ship I'm interested in the better bottles and the hops and brewing chemicals

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

If you are willing to ship, I would take it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back