what can break, will break

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icebob

Reaction score
prepping a starter, brand spanking new erlinmeyer, sanitize the thing, put it upside down on a paper towel, hit with elbow, now have a jigsaw puzzle erlinmeyer:mad:, system D, empty a half full glass gallon of vodka, will have to do for now.... always have backup:eek:

Sorry to about the loss. If brew day is near you can use any type of container for a starter. Just needs a flat bottom, or nearly flat, for the stir bar to spin on.
I use a 1.1 gallon Rubbermaid container. Cook and cool the starter wort in a kettle.
I have also used the large pickle jars.

flars, is a wise man, and sounds like you are too. Sorry about the loss of vodka, your fermentation check valves will weep.

Appears your starter will be okay! :mug:

Not preaching, just have to ask. Did you use your flask on a gas or an electric stove?

that sucks man, im so paranoid myself of dropping the damn thing when im swirling it.

Not preaching, just have to ask. Did you use your flask on a gas or an electric stove?

I'm not planning on using the flask on heat sources, boil in a saucepan and pour in the flask after ( this of course is when replacement flasks arrived!)

Back