Plasti-dip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubbster85

Reaction score
Anyone ever use plasti-dip to paint their keezer/kegerator? I was going to order some plasti-dip from dipyourcar.com for my 66 VW and wondered if anyone has ever done this to their keezer? If you have I'd like to see some pics!

I don't know anyone that has used it to paint their keezer but I know a bunch that have used it to paint their car to try out paint layouts. I bought a can at Home Depot not to long ago.

Your post does get me thinking about painting the inside of the keezer. It sure would help seal and prevent rust.

It may work well if yours doesn't get stuff leaned into it, bumped, etc like in my garage. I did my wheels on my VW and it looked great until I needed new tires.

If ya' want to try and "bulletproof" the inside of your keezer, caulk up the seams, and use truck bed liner paint.

I did the 100% silicone seam sealant bit on my brand new keezer. And I had been actually wondering if some kind of spray on coating (applied below the "frost line") like the bed liner (or anything similar, for that matter) would be something practical and effective. I'd love to read of someone's experience on that, but I've never read of anyone brave enough to spray the inside of their keezer...

Cheers!

I sprayed the bottom third of mine with that mighty seal stuff. Looked great! Then I realised I sprayed over my drain so now there is really a ton of water in there. And now after kegs have been in there a while the plastic bottoms have kind of stuck to the mighty seal and its pulling up in chunks. My advice would be to tape off your drain and not set kegs directly on the surface. I've seen where guys lay some old refridgerator shelving in the bottom. I'd do that or something like it. I think it has real potential when done better than I did it!

I did the 100% silicone seam sealant bit on my brand new keezer. And I had been actually wondering if some kind of spray on coating (applied below the "frost line") like the bed liner (or anything similar, for that matter) would be something practical and effective. I'd love to read of someone's experience on that, but I've never read of anyone brave enough to spray the inside of their keezer...

Cheers!

Just be advised.......Anything you try to paint the inside with will not stick to your silicone seam sealer.

If you wish to paint them, (with about anything), you need to use automotive, (paintable), seam sealer.

Available at auto paint places, and 3M is a reputable one.

If I was going to coat the inside of the keezer, I'd strip the caulk first. But unless I were to find someone who had long-term success with some particular coating agent, I'm gonna pass on that.

Pioneers catch the arrows ;)

Cheers!

We done the inside and outside of my buddys and our shop fridge in line-x when our buddy worked at a shop that done it. Added a ton of weight but I think they are bullet proof now. Gonna hate it if the fridge ever goes out.

Latest posts

Back