Hello From Oklahoma City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skywatcher

Reaction score
Found this site while surfing for info and thought it'd be great to join. I'm originally from Denver, but now in OKC (Uncle Sam's choice, not mine). I used to dabble in wine, several years back, and I'm taking the plunge into doing more wine, beer, cider, etc. I have a 6 gallon batch of zinfandel/syrah blend (should be... um... interesting) going as well as five gallons of cider I started last night. Maybe an American Amber Ale next. A new shop called 'Learn to Brew' opened by my house a few months ago and should be a good source for supplies and connections. Some of the other dudes at work sound interested in starting their own brewing hobbies. Maybe I can get a new little club going. I look forward to more of this!

I live in OKC and I usually go to the Brew shop at 36rd and Penn. I haven't heard of Learn to Brew where is it at? Also do you know any other home brewers in Oklahoma? I think it would be great if there was a local club where we could meet and have tastings. You know everyone bring something they have made once a month or every other month.

Judson:

Learn to Brew is off I-35 and 19th in Moore. I've been to both Learn to Brew and The Brew Shop. I've got a bunch of buddies taking the brewing class from Learn to Brew in January and I'm sure we'll all be exchanging brews. Some others at work have a long history of brewing. Also, Learn to Brew has mentioned a brew club that they're associated with, High Plains Brewers (?), but I don't know anything about them. Sheesh, Learn to Brew should be paying me commission! Seriously though, it's a pretty good shop... new, clean, and very helpful.

Back