keggle lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those that have purchased lids for keggles, has any one found a 12 inch lid to use on keggles in an actual brick and mortar store? I would prefer to buy local for this and have checked wal-mart, target, bed bath and beyond and a few local kitchen supply stores only finding 10 inch lids...
Buying a lid on its own is proving more difficult than I thought for my new keggle setup.

I found mine at the dollar store. 10" Aluminum Pizza Pan. Drilled a hole in the middle. Stainless 1/4-20 bolt and a wing nut for a handle. Voilà.

Found a couple at my local thrift shop, then found some really nice heavy ones at my local restaurant store.

Sadly the IKEA that's being built here in the KC area won't be finished till sometime next year... Didn't even really think about thrift stores. May have to hit some up tomorrow.

OK so I finally found some cheap. 5 bucks a piece from www.foodservicewarehouse.com
Checked 3 thrift stores today to absolutely no avail.
Can't speak to much for the service I will get from food service warehouse, but 20 bucks shipped for all 3 isn't bad.

OK so I finally found some cheap. 5 bucks a piece from www.foodservicewarehouse.com
Checked 3 thrift stores today to absolutely no avail.
Can't speak to much for the service I will get from food service warehouse, but 20 bucks shipped for all 3 isn't bad.

which ones did you order?

I ordered 2 of these a month ago: http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/royal-industries/roy-rspt-30-l/p5410.aspx

The lids they sent me did NOT fit in my keggles. The OD was actually 14.75", so I had to return them.

I also ordered the 12 inches, received them yesterday. They are going to take up the majority of the top of the keggle, bit that is exactly what I wanted for ease of cleaning.

I ran about 2' of high temp silicone tubing around the sharp cut inside edge of the keggle top hole then added the 12" lid. Fits perfectly

Could you guys share the model number, or link to the item, on food service warehouse, so I make sure i get the exact right one? Thanks!

Back