Optumum mash temp for a wheat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loftybrewer

Reaction score
Can anyone can tell me if there is an ideal mash temp for a wheat beer as far as conversion? I like to get the most out of my grains. I have been brewing AG for 2 years and am now starting to consider my process more in-depth. I have a 50/50 2-row/wheat beer to brew this weekend and I only have done single infusions and usually mash super low because I like dry beers, but I am wondering if conversion is affected in a different way with wheat? Just wondering, thanks!

loftybrewer said:
Can anyone can tell me if there is an ideal mash temp for a wheat beer as far as conversion? I like to get the most out of my grains. I have been brewing AG for 2 years and am now starting to consider my process more in-depth. I have a 50/50 2-row/wheat beer to brew this weekend and I only have done single infusions and usually mash super low because I like dry beers, but I am wondering if conversion is affected in a different way with wheat? Just wondering, thanks!

I haven't heard anything about wheat having trouble converting.

I always brew my wheats in the same fashion as the rest of my beers, and get similar efficiency.

Rice hulls are a good idea when brewing wheats because stuck sparges are a huge PITA

Back