Brewing Injury

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginiawolf

Reaction score
I went barefoot down into the basement to finish rinsing off some stuff after transferring beer into my secondary carboys.

Something went into the pad of my foot like an inch back below my pinky toe. "Oow"

I put up with it for a couple days and couldn't get it out despite trying with tweezers and needles etc.

Finally I went to the doctor.
It took the doctor a half hour to get it out and she had to shoot my foot with lidocaine.

It was a piece of broken carboy from a ways back.

Glassthatwasinmyfoot_zps8d9bd099.jpg
[/IMG]

She recommended that I don't go into the basement barefoot. Luckily I had a tetanus shot recently enough or I would have had to get a shot of that. It feels much better now but I have to keep it clean for a few days so it doesn't get infected. :fro:

I couldn't ignore it any longer. Just thinking about it now is making it hurt. It is much better though. I was walking on the side of my foot because I didn't want to make it go in further. I'm so glad it is out. I know that the pain I have now will go away. :) :mug:
footinjury102413_zpse524cc9d.jpg
[/IMG]

Have learned myself to always wear shoes. I love just wearing socks in off time.
However the new surroundings have thorn bushes the deck has splinters and who knows what lurks in the basement. I like you got a thorn in my foot but was able to extract without Dr. help but that will be the last puncture in a piggy!

Back