Bottling with Glucose Syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmanmau

Reaction score
Hi there!
I'm planning to bottle a batch wich I splitted in 2 carboys to test 2 different yeast strains.

I got glucose syrup from my sister, she uses that in her bakery cooking and was wonderig: what is the conversion from primming sugar to this glucose syrup? This stuff is really thick compared to the corn syrup you can buy at any store.

sugarweekglucosesyrup.jpg

I really don't want to make/clean beer bombs LOL.
Hope someone can help me out.

I really don't want to make/clean beer bombs LOL.
Hope someone can help me out.

Glad to help you avoid bottle bombs or undercarbonation.

Use table (100% cane) sugar or corn sugar. Forget about using that thick syrup. It's very hard to measure it accurately enough to get the precise carbonation level you want.

Use an online carbing calculator. Enter 2.4-2.5 volumes of CO2. Enter the volume of beer going into the bottling bucket and the highest temp that the beer saw during fermentation.

Measure the sugar by weight, not volume.

[FONT="Georgia" Forget about using that thick syrup. It's very hard to measure it accurately enough to get the precise carbonation level you want.

Measure the sugar by weight, not volume.[/FONT]

Thanks! I was just wondering about it since I've got a lot of it at easy disposale and it seems It is just dextrose and water...maybe I'll use it to boost some big beer's ABV I've got 2 pounds now in my kitchen now lol...just not sure how one pound or even halff will affect the body of the beer.....maybe a big oat addition will help with that or something like that.....

I'll measure it by weight of course! ;)
Cheers!

Back