Electric Brewing Supply DIY 50Amp PID Kit ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought that kit last year, i just put it together. Here are my thoughts

Pros: well packaged
shipping was quick
all the parts were there

very accurate wiring diagrams
Cons:
you don't get any outlets or plugs which is a big chuck of extra change.
the instructional booklet they sent me was for a BCS panel, not PID. The wiring diagrams were great but without accurate photos I was lost for a little while. I did email ebrew and was sent the working copy of the PID version, it wasn't complete but helped me somewhat in my assembly.

I got their enclosure which the 1/3 cut rails fit in perfectly. I own a big drill press that I could clamp the box to in order to cut all my holes, without that it would have been a pain. The wiring looks daunting, but it is really very easy once you figure it out - just time consuming.

When I buy something I look at it in a certain way: can I put this together myself? if yes, it will probably take a long time. It was easier to buy the kit and save myself the headaches of piecing it together myself. I have yet to brew with it but so far it has been something I would recommend.

Back