Regulator help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacomaHomeBrew

Reaction score
I have to kegs feeding off the same normal size tank with a splitter on the regulator. What is the best way to manage it? Do I keep it low and turn it up when serving? Thanks!

As long as you're happy with the same level of carbonation in both kegs, you can set it and forget it.

Keeping it low and turning it up to serve will only result in under-carbed beer.

Why would you have to turn it up when serving? Are your lines super-long?

If you simply leave it around 10psi, it will maintain a pretty average level of carbonation and also should push your beer just fine through 5-7 ft lines. You may have to fiddle with it to find the exact "sweet spot" (depending mostly on temp and line length), but it should be somewhere around there.

+1. 10-11 is perfect for me. Turn it up and it overcarbs - glass full of foam. Down and it takes like a minute to fill a glass.

Is there any harm if the co2 runs out and I can't refill for a couple of days? After its carbed.

Back