Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhami

Reaction score
Howdy,

My name is Ben Hamilton and I am a mad keen Home and Professional Brewer from Melbourne Australia. You can see my home brewery at www.benhamilton.com/brewery or my works brewery at www.redhillbrewery.com.au

The micro brewing industry is a bit behind the States in Australia but is getting a move on with breweries opening all over the place. It is an exciting time to be brewing here.

I am also studying brewing at the University of Ballarat and have nearly finished the Graduate Certificate of Brewing course. I also run an Australian based brewing web site called pint.com.au in my spare time

That is about all I have to say. I look forward to chatting to you all on this site.

Cheers

Ben

Welcome,

I think you will find this forum "The Best Brew Forum". I always find the informaiton I am looking for. If I can't find it, I post a question and have an answer fast. Tons of good info and lots of fun. :mug:

The micro brewing industry is a bit behind the States in Australia but is getting a move on ...........

After looking at your pictures I would say you have moved on past me. I have a big pot and some plastic buckets. :drunk:

Welcome to the forum! :mug:

Nice brewery and website! I would visit during brew day, if I you could sell our product in your area, and you request I visit for some service work. I would post our company website but a CEO did a search one day and got links to forums that they did not want links to. Australia is not a cheap flight from Chicago, IL when it's out of my own pocket.

Best of luck with your studies.

:tank:

mrk305 said:
The micro brewing industry is a bit behind the States in Australia but is getting a move on ...........

After looking at your pictures I would say you have moved on past me. I have a big pot and some plastic buckets. :drunk:

Welcome to the forum! :mug:

Thanks for the welcome. I have had many a good beer that has been made with big pots and plastic buckets.

kb9vzh said:
Nice brewery and website! I would visit during brew day, if I you could sell our product in your area, and you request I visit for some service work. I would post our company website but a CEO did a search one day and got links to forums that they did not want links to. Australia is not a cheap flight from Chicago, IL when it's out of my own pocket.

Best of luck with your studies.

:tank:

You are not wrong about the flight costs. I would love to visit the States again and do a bit of a brewery touring holiday. But can't see that happening for a while. Although the Aussie dollar has rocketed up over the past year that may make it more likely (not so good for you guys if you want to visit Australia).

Thanks for wishing me luck with my studies. I think I had better do some more of my set readings soon or I might need that luck. Glad you liked my brewery and website.

Cheers

Ben

Thanks for the welcome. I have had many a good beer that has been made with big pots and plastic buckets

I like this guy already! :mug: Cheers mate!

The day after I posted my welcome I met a very friendly couple from Australia while waiting for a flight from Newark, NJ to Chicago, IL. I have never had anyone in the New Jersey / New York City area or anywhere, sit down at the table and join me for dinner. I was sitting eating my breakfast and they sat down and started talking to me like we knew each other forever. I have never had this happen and did not expect it in the area I was in. I would say it was the best beginning of a day at the airport I have had in years. I have met many Aussies and have never found one I did not like. If you have ever been to Newark or NYC you would understand.

(No offence to the NE USA, it's just that some people there are all about themselves.) Not all.

ma2brew said:
kb9vzh, ham?

Yup, Just a tech, working on my gerneral. It's my other hobby! I just don't mix radio and brew. No one likes a ham radio frequency sounding like CB.

73's

Cool. I noticed after I asked the question that your profile listed your QRZ page.

I got my general ticket a few months ago, and I have an HF rig sitting on my workbench, but I haven't gotten around to building/buying an antenna, so I haven't used the new privileges at all yet. I made a number of 20 meter contacts on Field Day, but that was using the local club's callsign...

73, ki4lnd

Back