Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #271
drainbamage
In ur base, drinkin' ur beers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1191 Times on 684 Posts
Likes Given: 2072

I want to include female co-workers who want to know every little detail about your marriage/relationship and then act like your SWMBO is their best friend (without ever having actually met her). I'm not even talking basic information like, "what's her name?", "what does she do for a living?"...more like:

Where did you meet? What was your first date?
Does her family like you?
How long did you date before you proposed? Really, why that long? How did you propose? Did you pick out the ring yourself? How did she react?
Does she have any tattoos? What are they? Does she care that you don't have any?
What TV shows does she watch? Does she listen to [band name]?
While talking to her on the phone: "Tell her I said 'hi'!"

I'm fine with talking about stuff other than work, but geez, I'll volunteer the history of my relationship if and when I feel like it.

Billy-Klubb Likes This 
Old 07-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #272
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4432 Times on 2669 Posts
Likes Given: 8101

if I was on a conference call, I'd crack one off real loud & ask right away in a serious tone, "Alright, who was that?"

"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"

Old 07-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #273
MoonshineJane73
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

My favorite? The boss who tried to get me to do work that I wasn't qualified for and hadn't been hired to do. And then she yelped at me for asking questions. I finally just walked off the job and haven't been back.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #274
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2033 Times on 1261 Posts
Likes Given: 2904

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonshineJane73
My favorite? The boss who tried to get me to do work that I wasn't qualified for and hadn't been hired to do. And then she yelped at me for asking questions. I finally just walked off the job and haven't been back.
Most of that comment reminds me of my career in the Navy. Now I'm in the civilian sector and they do the same thing. I'm okay with that, I like what I do and always enjoy learning something new.
A good company and good bosses make the difference between hating a job and enjoying any challenge that comes along.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #275
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1284 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Most of that comment reminds me of my career in the Navy. Now I'm in the civilian sector and they do the same thing. I'm okay with that, I like what I do and always enjoy learning something new.
A good company and good bosses make the difference between hating a job and enjoying any challenge that comes along.
it did remind me of the Navy

a good company, good bosses and GOOD COWORKERS. the ship I was on had a damn good crew; my shipmates kept me sane on deployments

well... relatively sane

"Why must it always be pandemonium?" - George Mueller/Nelson Van Alden

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #276
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2033 Times on 1261 Posts
Likes Given: 2904

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrogNerd

it did remind me of the Navy

a good company, good bosses and GOOD COWORKERS. the ship I was on had a damn good crew; my shipmates kept me sane on deployments

well... relatively sane
Yes you are correct!! Good shipmates. People you trust and they trust you. Gawd I do miss the Navy sometimes.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #277
paulster2626
Recipes 

Liked 336 Times on 225 Posts
Likes Given: 561

When I actually want to sit and do my 2 hours of work for the week, I have these headphones I wear and listen to music. Helps drown out the idiots around me. Anyway they are these big honkin' sony headphones, you know with the big foam earpads and nice bass. I look like an astronaut wearing them.

Anyway, why the hell are people tapping me on the shoulder to interrupt me and ask me a stupid question? Yeah... I wasn't busy...

Just send me an email!

Old 08-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #278
BinghamtonEd
Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 20

We have a guy at work who drives a full size pickup. Quite a few people here do, actually, including myself. Everybody, except this one guy, knows how to park it within the confines of a single parking spot. I have never seen this guy take up less than 2. This is not an exaggeration. Every time. Today he parked directly in the middle of 2, with the back end hanging 1/4 into 2 other spots. What's the tactful way to say, "Dude, you park like an asshole?"

Edit : He's also the type who has no need for a full size pickup. Myself, I do a lot of woodworking and routinely haul 12+ ft boards of hardwood, or multiple sheets of plywood. Other people here hunt, farm, etc. This guy is a 60 year old loafer.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #279
paulster2626
Recipes 

Liked 336 Times on 225 Posts
Likes Given: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinghamtonEd View Post
We have a guy at work who drives a full size pickup. Quite a few people here do, actually, including myself. Everybody, except this one guy, knows how to park it within the confines of a single parking spot. I have never seen this guy take up less than 2. This is not an exaggeration. Every time. Today he parked directly in the middle of 2, with the back end hanging 1/4 into 2 other spots. What's the tactful way to say, "Dude, you park like an asshole?"

Edit : He's also the type who has no need for a full size pickup. Myself, I do a lot of woodworking and routinely haul 12+ ft boards of hardwood, or multiple sheets of plywood. Other people here hunt, farm, etc. This guy is a 60 year old loafer.
Take photo of ****ty parking job.
Print photo, write something directly insulting.
Post your new sign on the door heading out of the office.

Try to make it funny so it doens't get ripped down. And don't let anyone see you!
Subsailor Likes This 
Old 08-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #280
n240sxguy
Recipes 

Liked 141 Times on 105 Posts

+1