Earrings - Page 7 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Earrings

Old 01-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #61
Tex

Recipes 

Nov 2011
ft worth
Liked 52 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing
Where is this mysterious "Burger Lake"?

Mrs Z?
Burgers Lake is is just west of Ft Worth...it's gross.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #62
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Liked 2321 Times on 2234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Burgers Lake is is just west of Ft Worth...it's gross.
That must be where Z goes to "work". Now i get it.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:15 AM   #63
Zuljin
TR Fitness King

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5306 Times on 4517 Posts

Well, they don't allow beer there. So what ever you brew should still be okay to bring.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:54 AM   #64
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff

Recipes 

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Liked 2321 Times on 2234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin
Well, they don't allow beer there. So what ever you brew should still be okay to bring.
Brew? Who brews?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #65
WesleyBrewViking
Recipes 

Dec 2012
Houston (not Texas), BC
Liked 67 Times on 44 Posts

Looks like I found where the freaks are hanging out. I'll throw in my two bits:

I got my ears pierced twice in the left and once in the right as well as my septum a few years before I got married. Been married almost 10 years now. Pierced my septum myself with the biggest sewing needle I could find. I would highly recommend paying a professional to do it - I pierced it straight, but it was definitely a bit much "discomfort" to inflict upon myself AND I found out after the fact that there's a great danger of paralyzing your face if you do it wrong.

I currently have 0 gauge tunnels in my ears (one in each side) and a 2 gauge tunnel in my septum. Since stretching to 2g, I don't usually wear a ring in my nose because 2 gauge septum rings tend to make old ladies glare disapprovingly and mothers with small children cross to the other side of the street. My hair is about half a foot past my shoulders and I have a fiery red beard about 5 inches at the longest part. I haven't really gotten any flack from homophobic dudes, probably in part because I'm a trim 240 lbs and look like a Viking berserker. About 6 years ago I was doing social work and dealing with the public a lot, and our assistant director told me to take my nose ring out (10 gauge at the time), but the executive director told me to leave it in. That was about the only "trouble" I've ever had with it.

As for the age at which I think earrings are appropriate for males, I don't think I would let my four year old son get his pierced. I think he should at least have a firm understanding of the social stigma he'd be facing before he did, and I think one would need to be at least mid-teens to make a really educated decision. I've seen parents pierce their boys' ears when their age was still in the single digits, and that's their choice - I just think that given established social norms the kid is more likely to face gender identity issues before he's psychologically developed enough to face them.

This concludes my two bits.

Bedlam Likes This 
Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #66
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

I took my daughter to have her ears pierced when she was 2 or 3 years old. I know, different for a girl, but she didn't know that. She wanted her ears pierced, wanted to wear earrings, kept crying and begging about it. Fine.

So the ladies are standing on either side of her, a quick punch, there now you have holes in your ears!!! She looked in the mirror, her whole face went red and she looked mad!!!! Out of her mouth, "I said I wanted pink!!" She was so upset they gave her little silver studs instead of the pink earrings she wanted. She's 18 and in college now, still loves her earrings.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #67
a_hard
Recipes 

Sep 2012
PHX, AZ
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I've always kept my rings in for job interviews, worst ive gotten was take them out for work. ( yes, they hired me). But they are simple silver hoops.