Alright, it's kettle time!
Need three holes in the kettle, the one on the left is an 1.25" for the element and the others are for the ballvalve and the RTD prode. I had a friend help with the 1.25" hole because he had a bimetal hole saw and it punched through easy.
I used an old step bit for the other two holes and it went poorly. Midwest lists this kettle as "not available for drilling" and I'm wondering if it is because of how thin it is which caused it to cave in the kettle walls under the pressure of drilling. That and the step bit was kind of murdered going through a couple 16 gallon kegs in it's last endeavour. Either way the holes needed some clean up.
I got a 1" SS locknut online through amazon for around $9. Using that, and the gasket that came with the camco element to attach it.
And the element is in!