Spike Brewing Giveaway - New v3 Kettle

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Game of Thrones Beer.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
CatHead
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Default Game of Thrones Beer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2318171.html
As a huge fan of Game of Thrones and beer I am excited. Anybody have any experience with the brewer? Sorry if I messed up linking story not familiar with linking from the Kindle.

Gone: Dry Irish Stout, Pale Ale

Old 02-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
longlakebrew
Recipes 

Ommegang is an awesome brewer in upstate new york (Cooperstown I believe). They make a number of awesome beers (I'm partial to Three Philosophers), and with their official relationship with Game of THrones producers on HBO they're turning out 1 GoT themed beer a year. I've had Taking the black with is great, haven't tried their other ones yet. I heard a new one will be coming out around the time of the next series premiers in April

Old 02-10-2014, 03:14 AM   #3
Pugnax88
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Have had both the iron throne blonde and the take the black stout. I rather enjoyed the blonde, the stout I thought left something to be desired. Interested to try the next one though, think it's supposed to be called blood and fire, a red ale of some sort...don't quote me on that

Sent from my Torque using Home Brew mobile app

Old 02-11-2014, 12:23 AM   #4
longlakebrew
Recipes 

Default Targaryen Ale - Fire and blood

I'm making a Targaryen Ale for the season four premier. It's an IPA that I turned blood red with beets (1.75 pounds, should work for other relatively light colored beers). I think on the day of the premier I'm going to put on a dash of cinnamon/cayenne to make it fire hot.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #5
dkmitg
Recipes 

A local brew pub in Fredrick maryland called franklins had some game of thrones inspired beers and they were great. They had a Belgian strong that was one of the best American version of the style I have ever had.