Resource website

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njordan1784

Reaction score
Hey all,

Sorry for the long post but I really want to get some input.

I got sick of searching dozens of sites and forums to find info about different ingredients, substitutions, etc and decided to create my own. I have a good start on a hop list (I plan to create individual pages with more detailed info, flavor profiles, quotes, etc. in the near future).

As I am creating this site for all homebrewers I want to know what info would most benefit the community. I plan to have a chemical profile of each of the hops on their individual page. Is there a characteristic you would like to see added to the main table? Also... Am I missing any hops? I'm sure I am.

My next undertaking is to make a table for the grains... getting all the info for them is proving quite... difficult. I plan to have name, type (Base, Cara, etc), SRM, S/T (Kolbach index), Diastatic power (degrees Litner),Mash/steep, max % in grain bill. Is there anything I'm missing there?

Website is here: www.HomebrewResource.com Hope people get some benefit from the site!

Cheers!

Thanks!

That is one of the sites I currently use. I like that chart of flavors but personally feel that would be better on the individual grain pages (Or another table entirely).

I wanted to take it a step further add the S/T (Kolbach index) but break it out by maltsters as well. So there would be a listing for 2-row Briess, 2-row Rahr, etc, etc.

I know I'd benefit from the info, but would others benefit from having that info?

I'm finding that it will take a lot of finagling to get this info though. Noone seems to want to part with that info without setting up an account (Which would require submitting business IDs, etc). I'm still going to try to pursue it though.

Back