Damn I'm stupid... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Damn I'm stupid...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
JebCkr
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Daejeon, South Korea
Posts: 332
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts



Just need to vent here.

So, I sell cars for a living at the moment. Started little over a month ago, doing really well so far. Today we get a loaded Genesis coupe in, first one we've had since I've been there. Everyone who works there can test drive any car they want. So, 3 or 4 guys have already driven it and are talking how fast it is, etc etc. So, my dumb ass takes it for a test drive. I'm careful not to speed where cops usually sit. Then pull off on a side road and floor it out of a stop sign. Turns out, there's a guy walking on the other side of the street sees me...and the dealer tags.

So, I pull back up to the dealership...General Manager is waiting on me. Apparently, guy called the fuzz and the fuzz calls the dealership. Anyhow, he chews me out and says if it happens again I'm fired.

Pretty embarrassing...and the thing is I don't blame him at all for being pissed. Now, I'm worried he'll hold it over me. Guess I'm fortunate to still have a job though.

That is all.
__________________
I don't always drink beer, but when I do I'm usually s#$% faced and can speak French...in Russian.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Zuljin's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Defiance
Posts: 25,817
Liked 5520 Times on 4671 Posts


I wonder how many other guys got called out on the same thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Have you ever had decent sex that didn't involve shoving a foot somewhere? Didn't think so. :drunk:

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #3
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,342
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Pretty lame... The thing is that nearly everyone does things at work they ought not to, people talk bad about their bosses, bosses talk crap about their employees, and the only thing that keeps the whole system working is that most of the time nobody finds out about it. But eventually something like this happens, and when it does it sucks.

I would just give your boss a week to cool down. Then approach him later and feel the situation out. Tell him you're sorry and feel really ashamed and want to make sure he understands you will never do anything like this again. If he is a decent understanding human being and your performance is typically good everything should be fine. If you think this is going to cause a long term problem you might want to think about moving on. Sometimes a fresh start is good.

If its any consolation, I just bought my wife a Genesis a couple weeks ago, and I had never had a car that wants to go so fast. On a straight stretch of highway it will do 100 and still feel like you're driving "normal".

Did you tell your wife?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
JebCkr
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Daejeon, South Korea
Posts: 332
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts


I haven't told my girlfriend yet. She's out of country at the moment, so I probably will wait. No reason to worry her with this right now.
__________________
I don't always drink beer, but when I do I'm usually s#$% faced and can speak French...in Russian.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
day_trippr
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Stow, MA
Posts: 18,382
Liked 3233 Times on 2414 Posts


I read a fairly complimentary article on the Genesis coupe just this morning.
Was the one you lit up the 4 banger or the 6?

Cheers!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,342
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by day_trippr
I read a fairly complimentary article on the Genesis coupe just this morning.
Was the one you lit up the 4 banger or the 6?

Cheers!
I'm bit sure they make a 4... It's the 6 or the 8. The new new 8 is 460hp

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #7
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
nukebrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Posts: 5,666
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
I would just give your boss a week to cool down. Then approach him later and feel the situation out. Tell him you're sorry and feel really ashamed and want to make sure he understands you will never do anything like this again. If he is a decent understanding human being and your performance is typically good everything should be fine. If you think this is going to cause a long term problem you might want to think about moving on. Sometimes a fresh start is good.
I have to disagree with you here, bottlebomber. Now, this is purely anecdotal, but every boss I've ever had never wanted an apology or an explanation. All they wanted from me was to fix myself and perform to their standards. An apology or an assurance that it won't happen again is meaningless if your future performance doesn't back it up. Everybody ****s up every now and then and a decent manager knows this. If the boss is half way good at their job they will notice improved performance without any words needing to be exchanged. Just my two cents.
__________________
The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #8
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,342
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer

I have to disagree with you here, bottlebomber. Now, this is purely anecdotal, but every boss I've ever had never wanted an apology or an explanation. All they wanted from me was to fix myself and perform to their standards. An apology or an assurance that it won't happen again is meaningless if your future performance doesn't back it up. Everybody ****s up every now and then and a decent manager knows this. If the boss is half way good at their job they will notice improved performance without any words needing to be exchanged. Just my two cents.
I agree completely, but these approaches aren't exclusive from each other. Of course the boss needs to see him not racing the cars he's trying to sell. But touching bases with his boss will create a level of personal understanding that is also valuable. In a lot of businesses people go through their day to day routine and never really speak with their employer. I've seen people who maintain a close relationship with their boss pass up other employees who have a better work ethic. Close communication is always good. A job is a lot like a marriage in that respect.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 AM   #9
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
nukebrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Posts: 5,666
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
I've seen people who maintain a close relationship with their boss pass up other employees who have a better work ethic. Close communication is always good. A job is a lot like a marriage in that respect.
You have a very good point, but me personally, I'd rather have the good work ethic and get my promotion based on merit rather than my ability to schmooze. Is it the best way to get ahead? Probably not. But if I know I have a job because I earned it and not because I play golf with the boss every Friday, I'd be much happier. Of course, you can go both ways with this. If you have a better work ethic and maintain a good relationship with your boss, well then you get the best of both worlds.
__________________
The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #10
JebCkr
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Daejeon, South Korea
Posts: 332
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts


An update, yesterday I sold a car at sticker...made boss man happy. He made a joke about the incident, so it's behind us. Oddly enough, I've accepted another job offer today (nothing to do with this incident). Weird how these things work sometimes

And the coupe comes in a 6 cyl and 2.0T 4 cyl. This was the 348 hp 6 cyl with track package; 3,389lb curb weight.
__________________
I don't always drink beer, but when I do I'm usually s#$% faced and can speak French...in Russian.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stupid friends and this stupid project snyklez Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 12 08-17-2012 03:24 AM
stupid servers in stupid restaurants cimirie Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 113 08-05-2011 01:11 AM
Stupid People, Stupid Questions fujieagle Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 37 04-07-2011 03:03 AM
damn you BMC! arturo7 Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 40 03-18-2009 03:47 PM
damn, the Jews can make a damn good beer! beta pleated sheet Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 6 03-18-2008 10:42 PM


Forum Jump