Old 09-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
jambafish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default ETC Supply :(

Just a friendly warning.

In June of this year I purchased the Ranco ETC-111000-000 Digital Temperature Controller for my fermentation locker. $75.00. It arrived different than what I ordered, but emails were not returned so I just used as is.

In August it stopped working. Despite reaching out to ETC I've not heard back. I reached out to them again today, but thought I'd warn other brewers about the unreliability factor with purchasing from ETC. I'm seriously bummed.

Bottle: vanilla kombucha, oaked puh-er kombucha, blueberry kombucha,

Primary: rose hip kombucha, oaked honey and oolong kombucha, hopped kombucha brewed with green tea infused with cab. grapes

Old 09-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
Rbeckett
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I'm like you... I hate to slam a vendor unless I have exhausted all other means before I get to that point. Sounds like you have been more than tolerant, hope it helps. I use the much cheaper Ebay generic PID's and havent had a failure yet, but I am also running just about everything through a relay to an adquate SSR. That insures I am not trying to source too much current from the pid's output circuit. Good luck and hope you get it starightened out soon.
Wheelchair Bob

Old 09-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
thughes
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Sorry to hear that. I've been getting mine from Patriot....best price I've found, fast (free) shipping, and no issues with customer support (yet...knock on wood)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANCO-ETC-11...091#vi-content

Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
jambafish
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Looks nice, and this is the same price I've paid for my past single temperature controller, but wonder what they charge for a double?

Also, I've still not heard back from ETC and the controller is just hosed. I tried it out again and it totally failed me.

Bottle: vanilla kombucha, oaked puh-er kombucha, blueberry kombucha,

Primary: rose hip kombucha, oaked honey and oolong kombucha, hopped kombucha brewed with green tea infused with cab. grapes

Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
FightingBob
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I bought a Ranco ETC-111000-000 at my LHBS on Wednesday and wired it up correctly. it didn't work. Thinking it could be the 16 gauge cord, I bought a new one and rewired it. Nothing.

I know this has nothing to do with ETC Supply, but I'm wondering if others have had trouble with Ranco. I hope the LHBS will take it back.