Outer Banks trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is the weeping radish and obx brewery. They are both ok in my opinion. Not great just ok

I second Weeping Radish as just OK but I do enjoy the Black Radish Schwarzbeir when I go on vacation. I often stop there on the way to the Outer Banks because traffic on 158 is a bear on "move in" days during the summer season and stopping at a brew pub can only help. They have cool "farmer to fork" local produce and meat program as well.

I'd say Outer Banks Brewing Station is a definite. Full Moon is just around the corner in Manteo if you want to visit some guys working off of a Brutus style 1 barrel system. I have not been to Weeping Radish but understand it to be a very Germanic brewery/farm/butcher. sounds like a neat spot.

image-881157932.jpg

Outer Banks Brewing Station,good beer, I picked up a growler for 6 bucks last year, We stay around Kill Devil hills every year for the past 8. Weeping Radish was OK but not great. There is a nice craft beer store that was good (near Kitty Hawk) just can't think of the name. We Love the Outer Banks, and so much history. Enjoy your stay!!

I'll second Outer Banks Brewing Station. Loved the Lemongrass Wheat. Didn't get to Weeping Radish, but Full Moon was not memorable. I thought what I had was ok, but nothing special. Chip's is a good bottle shop in KDH, they have a tasting room with some good taps as well. Wish I was heading back this summer, maybe in a couple years.

Schemy said:
I'll second Outer Banks Brewing Station. Loved the Lemongrass Wheat. Didn't get to Weeping Radish, but Full Moon was not memorable. I thought what I had was ok, but nothing special. Chip's is a good bottle shop in KDH, they have a tasting room with some good taps as well. Wish I was heading back this summer, maybe in a couple years.

Ok, I didn't taste anything at Full Moon. We just stopped in on our way out. I had hoped to taste a couple and grab a growler. No growlers made that decision for me.

Check out Chip's Beer Mart in KDH at Mile Post 6 (its in the Mile Post 6 Plaza) They have a HUGE bottle selection and a tasting room. Then head down to the OBX brewing station for dinner. There used to be a small brewpub in Corolla but the businesses there change so often. Sun Dogs has DFH 90 Min and Arrogant Bastard on tap though!

Ok, I didn't taste anything at Full Moon. We just stopped in on our way out. I had hoped to taste a couple and grab a growler. No growlers made that decision for me.

Only reason I drank a beer there, was because we ate there. It wasn't bad, just not memorable.

I grew up on the outer banks and to answer your question simply, nope. Its more of a tourist hustle than an artisan thing out there. But my recommendation is 100% go to Trios in KDH, you won't be dissapointed. They care about good beer and always have an excellent selection of specialty drafts. They also have a great menu and good cheese/wine if your into that. Also to the person who got a growler from OBBC for 6 bucks, you were probably the last one to get that deal xD try like 18-24 for a growler and 12+ for a 4pack. Chips and trios all the way; its still expensive because hey its the outer banks, but at least you get something worth the price.

AKA bring lots of good beer to drink from home.

I realize this thread is old but since it was bumped i figured I'd mention Buffalo city jug shop in nag's head. But yeah... I usually stop at trios on the way out for some stuff to take home.

I miss the Weeping radish being in Manteo by the Christmas shop. The food and atmosphere really made it. Of course this was back before craft beer was popular. I agree with Trio. I came home with a few unique finds. Even the grocery stores have some mainstream craft brews.

Latest posts

Back