Identity Of Brewery Worker Killed In Accident Released

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The regulator on the air tank was probably broken. 2000- 3000 psi is probably what is going in.

Compressed air is generally about 175 psi.

Indeed, I think badbrew was thinking it was a purchased (ie Airgas) tank of compressed air. Those do come filled to 2500 psi. But it most likely wasn't, if you use compressed air routinely it's much, much cheaper to get a compressor and some dryers/filters.

I posted a similar article yesterday, sad stuff. They made it sound like the keg just failed.

This the daily thread on this topic? This makes at least 6 threads on the topic according to search results.

Sorry for the post, I don't check the serach function before posting. ;)

Never realized these kegs were charged up to 2500 psi

Nobody ever does. Despite it being a major event in the brewing community and being on a forum containing several members involved in the industry. A good rule of thumb is, if it happened more then20 minutes ago, search. It's likely already been posted twice. :mug:

Sorry for the post, I don't check the serach function before posting. ;)

Never realized these kegs were charged up to 2500 psi

They definitely aren't! Badbrew hypothesized that if a regulator failed, the keg might have seen 2000-3000 psi, which could have caused the keg to fail.

Back