Hi from CA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaytagMan

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I'm Bill, and I live in Salida, CA with my wife, our 14-month old son, two English Bulldogs, and a cat that I don't claim... :)

So, I have never homebrewed before, nor have I picked up any equipment at all.... yet. My wife and I are going to be moving up to Ripon, CA (a couple of exit up he freeway) in mid July, so I figured I would wait until I get settled there before totally jumping in... on the bright side, it does have a third car garage that will be a man cave where there will definitely be space dedicated to brewing... among other vices... ;) I have long had a passion for quality beers, and I figure that this is the natural next step.

In addition to beer, I am also passionate about cigars. I have been a cigar enthusiast for over 20 years (not bad for being 42), and I am a member of several internet cigar forums, and am a moderator on the Stogie Chat cigar forum (www.stogiechat.com) In addition, I did start a cigar podcast last year called Cigar Snapshot (www.cigarsnapshot.com) which has 29 episodes so far. The future of the show is kind of in limbo at the moment, but that is due in part to me slowing down a bit and refocus my efforts on some other projects I am working on. My stock is running a little light right now with only a couple thousand cigars, but that can always change. :D

So that is a long-winded intro for sure... I am looking forward to just reading and learning here for a while as I am starting with a basic knowledge level if that. Based upon my reading so far, I think that I am going to start with Extract for a few batches to get the process down and get comfortable with things before I move onward and upward.

Thanks everyone!
Bill

Hello there,

Whenever you are ready to brew let me know pm me and we will have to get together and work on a brew day if you would like of corse. Pm me when you are ready. I'm new here too so don't have all the info you may need however I've been extra t brewing for about two years and about 15-20 batches under my belt.

ryan

Sounds great Ryan, thanks for the offer - will definitely let you know when I get up and running! :)

Hi Bill, I'm fairly new here too, still a kit brewer (9th kit brew tomorrow). I've learned a lot in the month or so I've been reading here, and the conversations can sometimes have me actually laughing out loud.
So you, Clutchthis, and I are in good company:tank:

Back