Favorite Brewing Memories?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeyWestBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Im pretty new to the site but it hasnt taken long to see thread after thread of worried people with an endless variety of concerns.....
So I figured id give people something lighter and enjoyable to post about to clear the air a little.

Whats your favorite brewing memory? Be it something you did on your first batch years ago that you now laugh at, or that one time you proudly but accidentally gave a buddy some bottle bombs. Maybe even just your first tasty homebrew....whats your story?

Lmao I see this has gone nowhere in 2 months. I figured at least write mine....

2 favorite memories would have to be either A) Winning my homebrew club's best beer of the month with my 2nd beer ever(Sweet Gale Elderberry Pale Ale@ 8 abv)

or B) Brewing my 4th of July IPA with one of my best friends before he shipped over seas, he's a Marine and just flew into Afg yesterday.

I brewed with my dad for the first time 2 weeks ago. We made a fathers day brew that is a summer solstice clone. Was an awesome day.

my favourite moment was when I brewed a 5 gallon batch and took it to my mates in a barrel and we drank the lot in 2 days

Not been brewing long, so thus far, my best memory is my 5y/o trying to operate my wing capper while I hold the bottle on the floor to keep it from falling over as he's in the pushup position, bouncing up and down. He was only able to cap a few, but at least he got some capped!

@looneybomber....your son did better then me, my first attempts ended up with caps at dodgy angles and alot of beer on the floor

I still remember my 1st brew. The OS lager kit that came with my Cooper's micro brew kit. When it'd been in the fridge & ready to drink,my wife raised her glass. Love lights on high beem,a big smile on her face. He's rounding third base,second base trying to steal. He makes a break for it! Holy cow,I think he's gunna make it...gooooooaaaallll!! She loved it. Good times.
It came from a song that describes our first time many years ago;

Last edited by a moderator:
last week I gave a couple of people a taste of my honey wheat beer and they loved it.It's my first brew I'm truly proud of

The day John Maier tasted my Rye IPA and said "this is the flavor I've been looking for". A month later he was brewing it at Rogue.

Denny said:
The day John Maier tasted my Rye IPA and said "this is the flavor I've been looking for". A month later he was brewing it at Rogue.

Wow! That's quite the accomplishment to impress those guys. Nice Denny!

I was brewing a couple weeks ago with my 3 year old playing in the garage. He stops playing and says "daddy, are we making brewski?"!!! Too funny. Ill always remember that one.

at college in the early 90's, made three extract/steeped grain batches, having trouble remembering but something like pale ale, pumpkin ale, porter, rented a jockey box and tank, found someone who had pin lock connectors, 'borrowed' 2 pin lock cornys from behind a bar, didn't know beer doesn't carb up instantly under pressure, shook the bejesus out of 2 batches under pressure the day of the party, warm, had a big party, served them anyways, flat but tasty, kegged the third after the first kicked, finished everything, i think there was even some sort of ping pong based competitive intoxication, next day found my brother asleep in his underwear near (but not inside) the house, cleaned and returned the cornys where i'd found them, put some pants onto brother. it was good clean cheap homemade fun

Just got one of my best friends infected by the brew bug, he's ordering all his gear tonight. Seeing as how Ive been trying to get my buddys into homebrewing, well into it enough to brew and not just drink mine lol, I had to add that to my favorite memories. It makes it even better since he takes Adolphus Busch on dive charters. My first convert :D !!!!!

Back