Roggenbier - Help with Ingredients - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Roggenbier - Help with Ingredients

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #11
barrooze
 
barrooze's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Pearland, TX
Posts: 2,439
Liked 124 Times on 102 Posts


Out of curiosity, are you an all-grain brewer or do you brew using dry malt extract or liquid malt extract?
__________________
Kegged: BOSON on Rhubarb, Dry-Hopped Sour Brown (ECY01), DIPA, Funky Belgian Table Beer, Breakfast Stout Primary: CYBI Obsidian Stout clone, Citra Dust APA, Hop Dust APA Souring: None On Deck: Oktoberfest-ish Lager On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Atrial Rubicite clone (ECY20) Updated: 2016/04/09
Untappd: barrooze

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #12
Jueckstock
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrooze
Out of curiosity, are you an all-grain brewer or do you brew using dry malt extract or liquid malt extract?
An extract batch popped my cherry, so to speak, and I started partial mashing after that, progressed to brew-in-a-bag type batch sparging from there and have switched to exclusively all grain for the last couple of years. Now I'm a decoction neophyte and I've been so pleased with the results I haven't looked back.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #13
Jueckstock
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
Posts: 8

I'm actually under the house right now checking on my RyePA after about a week in the primary.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #14
barrooze
 
barrooze's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Pearland, TX
Posts: 2,439
Liked 124 Times on 102 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jueckstock View Post
An extract batch popped my cherry, so to speak, and I started partial mashing after that, progressed to brew-in-a-bag type batch sparging from there and have switched to exclusively all grain for the last couple of years. Now I'm a decoction neophyte and I've been so pleased with the results I haven't looked back.
I figured you were all-grain. I meant to direct that Q to the OP. From the questions about mashing and comments about being a new brewer. It sounds like they may just need an extract version.
__________________
Kegged: BOSON on Rhubarb, Dry-Hopped Sour Brown (ECY01), DIPA, Funky Belgian Table Beer, Breakfast Stout Primary: CYBI Obsidian Stout clone, Citra Dust APA, Hop Dust APA Souring: None On Deck: Oktoberfest-ish Lager On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Atrial Rubicite clone (ECY20) Updated: 2016/04/09
Untappd: barrooze

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:32 AM   #15
trginter
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 27


Quote:
Originally Posted by barrooze View Post
I figured you were all-grain. I meant to direct that Q to the OP. From the questions about mashing and comments about being a new brewer. It sounds like they may just need an extract version.
All-grain. This is my fourth all-grain beer. I just wasn't familiar with the term "dougn-in." I also have never heard of a Beta glucan rest either.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roggenbier ashplub All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 12 03-30-2012 07:13 AM
roggenbier triple decoction seabeemech1970 All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 11 02-13-2012 06:08 PM
Roggenbier Mash Question Noleafclover All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 4 09-22-2009 07:32 PM
AG Roggenbier Secondary Fermentation? illinibrew04 All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 1 10-27-2008 02:30 PM
PM Roggenbier mjm76 All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 1 02-09-2007 11:54 AM


Forum Jump