Just popped my kegging cherry!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfhound180

Reaction score
Sorry, I am just excited that I just kegged my first two beers and have them chilling in the fridge. Doing the set it and forget it method. :rockin:

photo(7).jpg

Jumping the gun aren't you. This is just the foreplay... the pop won't come for another week or so. ;)

Jumping the gun aren't you. This is just the foreplay... the pop won't come for another week or so. ;)

Yea yea, I just like the fact that i kegged 2 beers in about 30 mins when it used to take me 3 times that long to bottle.

You will be very happy you took the plunge! Your non brewing buddies will have to pay homage to your bad kegging self.:rockin:

I did the same thing about a week and a half ago.. WOW... it's been a great 10 days. . . :)

However, I wasn't quite as patient as you. I force carbed and was drinking in less than 24 hours. It is better now, a week later. :)

how are you going to get it out of the kegs? if it's the old 'press the poppet while holding face over keg' technique then Please post photos!

dinnerstick said:
how are you going to get it out of the kegs? if it's the old 'press the poppet while holding face over keg' technique then Please post photos!

That's not a good idea? I thought that i read that somewhere here.

I need to drill the holes and place the shanks still.

I like the shelf you made. I got a full size fridge set up like that on CL and I want to build a shelf in there so I can fit about 5. Did you find a good thread or just wing it?

coypoo said:
I like the shelf you made. I got a full size fridge set up like that on CL and I want to build a shelf in there so I can fit about 5. Did you find a good thread or just wing it?

I just winged it. Measured everything and cut it. Took 15 mins and I am by no means a carpenter!

Back