48 hours ago I attempted to make my first starter. The yeast I pitched was California ALE 051. Unfortunately, I opened the cap too quickly and I lost about 25% of the vial. This is a two liter starter with 7 ounces of DME. I also added a Yeast Fuel as a booster during the boil
Room temp is 72 degrees and agitation is by swirling the culture every couple of hours. I had hoped to pitch this yesterday but at 24 hours the culture only showing minor activity and the bottom of the jar appeared to have a 1/16 inch of yeast. Now, at 48 hours the activity has increased significantly and the yeast cake at the bottom of the jar is now approximately 3/16".