Stackable vittles vault for fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DlALTONE

Reaction score
I searched this and got some useful information but still had some concerns. I will be fermenting 7.5 gallons in a 10 gallon stackable. Size is an issue. They both must fit in my collared chest freezer. I understand there will be heat issues from the bottom fermenter heating the top fermenter, but will have a space between them with dedicated fan moving the air. I also figure the wort will come inches below the airlock(hose going to glass of water). And I dont want the hose to get clogged during fermentation so I plan on putting an elbow that extends and faces the ceiling to recieve air at the top of the container. Am I wrong for thinking the hose may get clogged by fermentation. Also I am trying to visualize were 7.5 gallons will come up to in the vittles vault and am concerned with the level being on the seal. To add or remove beer I must go through the cork hole in the center of the lid. Only when cleaning will I be able to remove the lid. This is also a concern. Since I am transfering by Co2 I also need it to be airtight. Before I buy 1, I would like to make sure I am not overlooking anything.

Latest posts

Back