Heyo from Longmont Colorado!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jablestein

Reaction score
Hello one and all!

I'm mobile game designer and rookie brewer who recently moved from Chicago out to beautiful, sunny Colorado. I've been a Micro/Craft Brew fan since being introduced some very interesting and tasty brews from a few friends of mine in college. Ever since then I've been on the hunt, looking for new beers to try and sample. I was really astounded by the whole world of brewing outside the "mainstream" world of Coors/Bud/Miller/etc.

A few years ago I actually realized that this was something that people could actually do in the comfort of their own homes. I sat on the fence for quite some time, but my recent move out to Colorado was the final push I needed. I mean, how can I live here surrounded by so many wonderful beers and breweries and NOT get involved?! So about a month ago I invested in my own brewing supplies and purchased a fairly simple Amber Ale kit from a fantastic local home brew shop here in Longmont and got started on my first batch, which actually came out pretty good much to my surprise!

I'm still learning the basics and trying to perfect my process. I'm also starting to experiment a little outside the box with things like dry-hopping and fermenting with fruit flavors.

I'm hoping to learn a lot from the more experienced members on this forum, and always looking for advice or tips on how I can make my brews better! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

-Justin
aka Jablestein

Back