Originally Posted by kevin123
Can you please explain maskednegator?
Do you mean that whatever caused the pellicle is living inside the beer where mold would just be living on top?
So the plan is to to taste it tomorrow and then I will know if I am going to dump or not. And if it is not dumped I am still not 100% on the best course of action...the campden might be a good way to go...depends on taste...and adding things/experimenting with it would be cool too...
Hopefully the symptoms are mild (sorry couldn't resist
), I'll let you know!
That's correct. Mold is chilling on the surface, but a pellicle is just a symptom of some other microorganism living in the beer - it's not the actual microorganism.