Yet another stupid question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyfan964

Reaction score
Do I put the cap on the top of the airlock? How is CO2 supposed to leave with the cap on? Am i an idiot? I know I am, but I will feel better if someone at least agrees with me on this one.

cyfan964 said:
Do I put the cap on the top of the airlock? How is CO2 supposed to leave with the cap on? Am i an idiot? I know I am, but I will feel better if someone at least agrees with me on this one.

I dont use the cap.
Some do, some dont.

cyfan964 said:
Am i an idiot? I know I am, but I will feel better if someone at least agrees with me on this one.
OK. I'm not gonna agree to that, I don't know you that well. I don't use the cap, besides, the dog ate the last one. Didn't chew the airlock, just ate the cap. I can't figure out how he got the damn thing off. I mean, he has no thumbs! Cap on, Cap off, your choice.

I had the same concern at first but if you look closely you'll see some pin-sized holes on the top

I recently discovered this as well.... in fact, I called my brother the day after we brewed (his house is where we were storing the beer at) and asked him if he thought that cap was supposed to come off, and to have him check it.

He was smart enough to realize it had holes in it.

Cheese... Geeze dude...

Bring back the squashed bird... :D

Fatguy.jpg

Everyone constantly changing their avatars is throwing me off...

Or maybe it's the fact that I am only on this board at this hour after a few HB's in my belly that's throwing me off...

Or maybe I just need another HB.

I use the cap, the airlock liquid eveporates slower.

cyfan964 said:
Am i an idiot? I know I am, but I will feel better if someone at least agrees with me on this one.

You're an idiot. There, feel better now?

Matt :D

Back