Anyone brewing in Lakeland, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a guy that brews there, however he is not on this site. He is an experienced brewer in AG, and a great guy to hang out with. PM me if you want his contact info.

I brew all grain in lakeland. I searched this post out and am interested to see who else is around town brewing.

I brew all grain in lakeland. I searched this post out and am interested to see who else is around town brewing.

I mostly just do extract and ciders. I have been brewing off and on for about 5 years. I live in Lakeland on the north side. There isn't much brewing in Lakeland as far as I have seen and the one brewshop we had closed down a few years ago. I have been considering getting into it full fledged again.

Detroit Tigers Pitchers and Catchers reported to Lakeland today :)

(Sorry couldn't help myself.)

I live a few miles from the stadium they play at and I have never been to a game or to see them practice. They aren't the Cubs or anything, ya know? :cross:

I live a few miles from the stadium they play at and I have never been to a game or to see them practice. They aren't the Cubs or anything, ya know? :cross:
Yea they aren't but the do have a Bell's booth! I'm a big fan of two hearted ale. I was looking for places around here and I found a "Lakeland Brewers Guild" but the website seems to imply they are defunct.

i to live in lakeland on the north side i am new to this i think i going to have a brew day some time today

Original, I used to live next to Crystal Lake elementary school before it became a ghetto. I went to LHS, Gibson, Kathleen, Bill Duncan, and Travis. Mostly LHS, I wish I would of stayed out of trouble, I was a lineman in JV for a bit.

Bighoss, I live near Deeson RD.

realfloopyguy y u are close to me then i live off socrum in front of lghs
i did my first brew yesterday and i think it well have to wait and see how it turns out

Lakeland Brewers Guild is actually quite active. Upcoming event at the Brass Tap on 04/27. Check out the LBG Facebook page for more information.

Cheers

Just wanted to say, I don't live in Lakeland (so I obviously don't brew there), but Lakeland is my traditional stop at around 1 in the morning when I drive my family down to Disney World. Sleep for too few hours, back up in the morning, finish the drive to Orlando.

Yea they aren't but the do have a Bell's booth! I'm a big fan of two hearted ale. I was looking for places around here and I found a "Lakeland Brewers Guild" but the website seems to imply they are defunct.

I'm glad to see there is some interest in Lakeland for homebrewing! The Lakeland Brewers Guild is actually very active, even though the website is updated frequently, their facebook page is. I'd love to meet other fellow homebrewers in the area. Their meeting time is the last Saturday of the month at 3pm. The location always varies which makes it very interesting! I think this month is at Chop Shop downtown. They have an email list you can get on by going to their website lakelandbrewersguild.org and clicking the join our email list on the top menu.

Super fun bunch of girls and guys, with all ranges of brewing experiences, from brand new to 25+ years brewing. It is a social club, not a competitive one. I'd love to meet all of you there at the next meeting!

~Nick W.

North Lakeland brewer here. Bighoss44, I'm off Socrum Loop as well a little further down from LGHS. Are you part of the guild?

I've caught a couple of their meetings on accident. I guess I'm just not that sociable. I've got some beer I got to get to making soon. I've got empty kegs. :X

Used to go to LL all of time. Back in 70's, 80's and 90's - for the shows at the Civic Center. My first was in 1976 - a band called Kiss. Ace was electri-fried if IRRC...shock me indeed!

Latest posts

Back