What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394930582.690600.jpg

At a local, underrated brewpub, Iron Hill Brewery tonight I had:
Nelson Muntz IPA (meh)
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394930891.891016.jpg
Overload Imperial Oatmeal Stout (awesome)
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394930932.943317.jpg
Russian Imperial Stout (one of my all time favorites)
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394930972.943102.jpg
Now I'm drinking BeerMeDuffman's coffee stout which is exceptional
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394931009.773123.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394931123.495680.jpg

Guinness in the glass we brought back from our tasting in Ireland at the actual Storehouse. Fitting for the weekend but wish I was back in Ireland.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

NB RyePA extract kit

jtehAKdwu79EB.jpg

I thought it turned out just alright at first but was muddy/cloudy and tasted a little off. I had this bottle in the fridge for the past month and it comes out looking like this and tastes much cleaner.

That tap handle is sick!! Is that homemade? I want!

Yep, its still a work in progress, but I made it out of Sculpey clay, paint, and a wooden dowel. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Funny though, because friends come over and stand there and stare at it and ask "What the hell is it??" Haha.

how do you like it? I liked the '91, but I really liked Quinta do Infantado '89 a lot more. I have a problem with not being able to enjoy something really good or great if I've had something a little better (IMO).:smack:

It's working for me. Haven't had many vintage ports, but this is very good. Ton of complexity

Went to a speaking event at 3 Stars in DC earlier this evening, featuring Ron Pattinson of Shut Up About Barclay Perkins. Had their From Russia With Love RIS on cask, and their Two to the Dome DIPA. Both were tasty enough. The stout was better. Then during Mr. Pattinson's talk, one of the local clubs brewed a handful of his historical recipes that were passed around. Great stuff, and noticeably different from the styles as they exist today (it was a Bitter, a Pale Ale, Scottish Ale, Brown Ale, Porter, and Imperial Stout). Then a cellared keg of Fuller's Porter from 2000 (I think that was what they said.)

All around fantastic event. Got Pattinson's book, got it signed.

Back home now, and drinking this. Gotta say, this is a very nice Blonde.

20140315_215542[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back