What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some radiated Belgian pale.

Hulk juice.

20131110_174609_zpsc85a111b.jpg

I use it as a night light.

Dave37 said:
What style beer is backwoods? Seen a lot of good words on here about it. Monks cafe flemish sour. Not bad. More tart and sourness in the aroma than in the flavor IMHO. First time with this one. Getting ready to broil some super fresh black fish my neighbor just filleted. Love this glass. Almost as if ive been drinking this exclusively.

That glass stinks.

What style beer is backwoods? Seen a lot of good words on here about it.

Monks cafe flemish sour.

Not bad. More tart and sourness in the aroma than in the flavor IMHO. First time with this one. Getting ready to broil some super fresh black fish my neighbor just filleted.

Love this glass. Almost as if ive been drinking this exclusively.

Its a Bourbon Barrel Aged Scotch Ale. Really good, crazy aroma and flavor depth. Get it if you see it, its pretty limited and you will not be dissapointed

I hate it when farts get stuck in your pants. When you go to do something long after you farted and the movement releases a locked up pocket of fart. You can't prepare for that. You can hide the initial fart, but these afterfarts are unpredictable.

I hate it when farts get stuck in your pants. When you go to do something long after you farted and the movement releases a locked up pocket of fart. You can't prepare for that. You can hide the initial fart, but these afterfarts are unpredictable.

I hope that's not what you are drinking now...

Figured I should use this glass once before I put it away and only use it to to drink handfarm in the future. ;)

image-3541526664.jpg

Thanks Mark!

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Its a Bourbon Barrel Aged Scotch Ale. Really good, crazy aroma and flavor depth. Get it if you see it, its pretty limited and you will not be dissapointed

Saw it on my last trip to the shop. Shouldve pulled the trigger. If its there next time ill scoop it up. Thanks. Hope the hometown brews goes down great for you. Cheers.

Drinkin, my way too clear american wheat beer. Threw in whirlfloc and immediately regretted it. Force of habit i guess.

Looks like bud, tastes much better. Even though the buds i chugged earlier were tasting alright at the time too. :drunk: !!

image-1427575522.jpg

Accumulation Winter White IPA by New Belgium. It's really quite good.

Making wings for dinner while slow cooking some dog treats and cranberry, almond, cinnamon, honey, & chocolate granola bars from my spent grain. I did take a sample and it was good. Even the doggie treat one. Doggie is stoked about the sample.

TNGabe said:
Figured I should use this glass once before I put it away and only use it to to drink handfarm in the future. ;)

Thanks Mark!

Never realized how thin the stem is on that glass. I have to make a detour on way to or back from Atlantic city next time im that close to philly!

Dave37 said:
What style beer is backwoods? Seen a lot of good words on here about it. Monks cafe flemish sour. Not bad. More tart and sourness in the aroma than in the flavor IMHO. First time with this one. Getting ready to broil some super fresh black fish my neighbor just filleted. Love this glass. Almost as if ive been drinking this exclusively.
Looks like you need a real glass!

Thanks Mark!

What did you think of Dr. Grasshopper?

Saw it on my last trip to the shop. Shouldve pulled the trigger. If its there next time ill scoop it up. Thanks. Hope the hometown brews goes down great for you. Cheers.

Good luck. My store had several cases on Thursday when I picked up a 4-pack but by Friday it was gone.

What did you think of Dr. Grasshopper?

I think I managed to squeeze some head out of the 2nd pour. Didn't last though.

I love this beer. I think it's as good as anything I've had on draft from TH. I think Mr Alien is the only other TH berliner I've had, though I'm not 100% that I haven't had a 3rd. At any rate, I think this is a much better beer. More rounded acidity and the fruit really brings it all together. Need to get my lacto built up to brew 10 gallons soon. Running out of fermenters again.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to talk myself out of buying a bourbon barrel in Lexington next week. I'll probably stop by and see what distillers they have and use that as an excuse not to buy one.

The Clown Shoes Crunkle Sam I picked up today was also staring at me when I opened the fridge.....maybe its next. Lots of good pickups today at the bottle shop.

ForumRunner_20131110_194351.jpg

Scorched Earth by Baumann-Erb's Excellent Refreshment.

This is very tasty! Lots of roast, a little chocolate, fruity, subdued alcohol, and perfect balance of bitterness.

IMG-20131110-00433 (2).jpg

How are the beers from Austin Beer Garden?

Turns out my parents' neighbor is friends with the owner, and my dad set it up for us to go check out the brewery next weekend after F1 Qualifying. Pretty excited, I've toured tons of breweries, but other than the small one I worked at in Germany for a summer, I've never had a personal tour along with the ability to talk to the brewers (and apparently they have 2 master brewers from Germany).

From what I had I enjoyed there beers. Cool place too

Even though I pasteurized my Apfelwein, opening a room temp bottle resulted in a foam over. Still good.

image-126785152.jpg

Back