Help with regulator tubing connections

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Frink

Reaction score
I've recently converted a microfridge to a kegerator using the conversion kit from the Beveragefactory.com. The kit came with 5/16" ID gas tubing and a regulator with a 3/8" barb output. My corny ball post connects are 1/4" and I want to run 1/4" tubing from the cylinder. I've tried to replace the barb output with a 1/4" one, but the MIP base is too long and I don't get a good seal. Has anyone else had this problem and were they able to solve it? :confused:

Try three turns of plumbing tape. If that doesn't work, you'll have to put a reducer in.

I'd just use a hose clamp on the 1/4" barb. I use hose clamps on all barbed connections.

You can use 1/4 inch on that regulator, I just got a new setup for christmas and banged my head trying to find out what size tubing to use and then I found an article on it and it says to use 1/4 " as its a very tight fit and desireable for homebrew setups. Just heat up the end a bit in hot water and it will go right on, very tight but it will go on. And yes use clamps!

Latest posts

Back