I scavenged an old chiller out of retired jockey box, need suggestions please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpresidente

Reaction score
Hello All,

One of my neighbors had a really really old and nasty jockey box that was out behind his house forever...I asked if they still wanted it and they said I could just have it. It was filled will old rusty taps, sanke connectors and a regulator but they were all really out of commision. Then I started to look closer at it and noticed this was inside:

http://picasaweb.google.com/andrewjackson757/Chiller?authkey=Gv1sRgCNzInJOt-YeG-wE&feat=directlink

I basically trashed everything else because it was all rusted and water damaged from sitting outside for months and months submersed. I am not really worried about it though because I scored the sweet chiller! :ban:

My main questions are what would be the best way to utilize this? Should I use it as a wort chiller somehow (if so whats the best setup to make it happen)? Or keep it to make a new jockey box down the road? Or just sell it and use the money for other brewing equip?

Hello All,

One of my neighbors had a really really old and nasty jockey box that was out behind his house forever...I asked if they still wanted it and they said I could just have it. It was filled will old rusty taps, sanke connectors and a regulator but they were all really out of commision. Then I started to look closer at it and noticed this was inside:

http://picasaweb.google.com/andrewjackson757/Chiller?authkey=Gv1sRgCNzInJOt-YeG-wE&feat=directlink

I basically trashed everything else because it was all rusted and water damaged from sitting outside for months and months submersed. I am not really worried about it though because I scored the sweet chiller! :ban:

My main questions are what would be the best way to utilize this? Should I use it as a wort chiller somehow (if so whats the best setup to make it happen)? Or keep it to make a new jockey box down the road? Or just sell it and use the money for other brewing equip?

Why, that looks perfect for... ...wait for it... ...a Jockey Box! :D Seriously though, nice find!

Why, that looks perfect for... ...wait for it... ...a Jockey Box! :D Seriously though, nice find!

That is kind of what I was thinking, just save it to use for a new jockey box that I will make in the future...any idea of its worth just in case I wanted to sell it?

Back