So what did I create? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > So what did I create?
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 07-30-2010, 02:44 AM   #1
billc68
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Prince Edward Island
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well, I thought I was done with canned kits, but I had a Cooper's European Lager kicking around. So what did I do? I bought another kit and decided to use both cans but no added sugars or malts.

I brewed it with 3 packages of the Lager yeast that came with the kit... why did I have an extra package of yeast??? well that's another story, but a good one...

I brewed it at 16C (61F) for about 2 weeks, then kegged it for 12 weeks and cracked it today.

The taste is VERY clean, no esters, but with double the hops, it kind of tastes like a lighter IPA (maybe and APA, no access to them here, so no idea) colour is like an IPA and quite hoppy, but no esters. Maybe I can call this a European Pale Lager (EPL) I like it very much and may brew another.

I am assuming this brew is hopped with Noble and Hallertauer.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Salanis
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Sacramento, CA
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Beer.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3281 Times on 3153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billc68 View Post
Well, I thought I was done with canned kits, but I had a Cooper's European Lager kicking around. So what did I do? I bought another kit and decided to use both cans but no added sugars or malts.

I brewed it with 3 packages of the Lager yeast that came with the kit... why did I have an extra package of yeast??? well that's another story, but a good one...

I brewed it at 16C (61F) for about 2 weeks, then kegged it for 12 weeks and cracked it today.

The taste is VERY clean, no esters, but with double the hops, it kind of tastes like a lighter IPA (maybe and APA, no access to them here, so no idea) colour is like an IPA and quite hoppy, but no esters. Maybe I can call this a European Pale Lager (EPL) I like it very much and may brew another.

I am assuming this brew is hopped with Noble and Hallertauer.
You cannot get Pale Ales but you can get IPAs??

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo's mom

Old 07-31-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
billc68
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Prince Edward Island
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Whatever it is, it is damn good and luckily only a few friends like it!

Old 07-31-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
Brewdouche-RuBrew
Recipes 

Mar 2009
California, Pennsylvania
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Congratulations!!!!

Good beer

DID I MENTION MY NEW POT

You knuckleheadz are my kinda smacktardZ
#3 DONT be a Brewdouche.
Comprehensive Beer Podcast list.