Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Shroom beer

Old 01-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #21
Evets
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 198 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 131

I would just eat the shroom and wash it down with a Bud.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:55 AM   #22
cha ngo
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Emporer BillyBrew
Or you could just drop a tab in each bottle.
For some reason this made me laugh hysterically . . .
Oh wow, look at my hand!
LET PHIL SING!!!!

Old 01-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #23
Pimp Juice
Recipes 

So I went to the homebrew shop and talked to the main guy about this. He discourged me and for good reason. He made the point that shrooms shouldn't be mixed with alcohol cause it numbs the effects. Psychedelics typically enhance the senses, alcohol does the oposite. Its a waste of shrooms and beer.
to realize this
and most often
when you do
it's too late
and there's nothing worse
than
too late.
-Bukowski

Old 03-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #24
kimber
Recipes 

Default shroom beer

The best ever. Take at least an OZ of shrooms. Boil 1/2 gallon tap water for about 30 minutes to remove all chlorine etc. Turn off heat. Add shrooms. Cover. Turn off heat. Let steep for at least 2 hours. Strain. Add the resulting strained water to your bottling at the same time you add your DME or corn sugar for carbonation. Do not boil this water with your DME or corn sugar as that will kill the effect I assume you are going for... Do the corn sugar/DME boil separately and add separately. This is best in a highly flavored/hopped beer to disguise the nasty shroom taste. Also, don't let this one sit around for more than a couple months in the bottle after the introduction of the shroom juice. It can become toxic at that point. Best bet, and I'm sure, this won't be a problem, drink it FRESH! Enjoy. Best fun beer in a bottle. You can't do this as easily with weed. Shrooms are way more brew friendly!

Old 03-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #25
kimber
Recipes 

Default shroom beer

Your brew guy, has obviously never done a shroom beer...

Old 03-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #26
kimber
Recipes 

Default shroom beer

I still, 15 years later have requests for this one... I suggest a coppery IPA... lots of hops and crystal malts. Suggest 1 lb of 60L to 12 lbs base malt, and bitter, flavor and aroma hop highly. Maybe even add a lb of toasted malt, and or 1/4 lb chocolate and/or/ black patent malt to the mash. If you are feeling extra groovy, get some unmalted grains from your local hippie store, grind, gelatanize and add to the mash for more character and to hide the shroom flavor. If you don't own a malt mill try a pound of steel cut oats, crushed wheat, or cereal crushed blend. If you do own a malt mill, then just check out your options. Really fun at this point...

Old 03-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #27
StMarcos
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Dunno, drinking is the last thing on my mind w psillies. You can certainly extract the alkaloids with a hot, just under boiling soak for 30 minutes. Once the stuff is free from the tissue, it oxidizes pretty rapidly. I would add the contents from the hot water (rose hips w a bit of honey is nice in there too) steep, free of O2, to the keg/bottles whatever. I like the tea because you can't taste 'em, and it doesn't arf with my stomach. Never, ever, eating em raw again. Them twigs just ain't good for the belly. Hypothetically, of course. Still, why not just have some tea and then decide later if you want alcohol as well?

Old 03-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #28
donjr721
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

instead of calling it a porter, call it a trippist, like trappist

Old 03-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #29
donjr721
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

or a "doper bock"