Things we hate? - Page 16 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Things we hate?

Old 04-22-2010, 04:06 AM   #151
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Dublin (No, not that Dublin)
Liked 271 Times on 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffny25 View Post
I hate the idea of counter steering. I like the actual act of counter steering, but i don't like how it works.

Honestly, turning left to go right? What are we, in England?
I've often felt the Mythbusters need to finally put this to rest for all the non-believers!
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 04-22-2010, 05:06 AM   #152
jgbrown
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Tucson, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
I've often felt the Mythbusters need to finally put this to rest for all the non-believers!
It's too much physics and not enough testing for the mythbusters

Old 04-22-2010, 05:10 AM   #153
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Dublin (No, not that Dublin)
Liked 271 Times on 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbrown View Post
It's too much physics and not enough testing for the mythbusters
Ha, you sir, or madam, are completely correct on that. I've tried to think of the ways they would go about doing this and realized...I don't think it would make for good television!
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 04-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #154
geoffny25
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Ann Arbor
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's fun trying to explain it to other people though - "Above fifteen miles an hour, Gyroscopic force is acting on your bike, and in order to lean to the right you have to turn the left in order to make your bike fall to the right. "

Mean while they're scratching their head and thinking about something completely different.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #155
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffny25 View Post

Mean while they're scratching their head and thinking about something completely different.