Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > shorts brew pub, bellaire mi.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
homebrew4u
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default shorts brew pub, bellaire mi.

i just got back from vacation and stopped by shorts brew pub in bellaire michigan. they had a very nice selection of beers on tap, good food, and great staff. and they also sell there beer to go in growlers and kegs (1/2, 1/4, 1/6, and corny kegs) depending on beer availability. so of course i had to buy a corny of beer (snow wheat) to bring home with me. the best part is they sold me the corny to keep for $20.00. i just wanted to share my experience with shorts brewing company.

just a side note i called a few brew pubs in the traverse city area and they would fill corny's if you brought one in, but they didnt have any to sell. so i called a beer & wine supply store and they wanted $48.95 for a corny. so hats off to Shorts Brewing for stocking a few corny's for the home brewer........

Old 02-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Julohan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Short's Brewery is awesome. I love the brown ale. Did you go to all 3 places in Traverse City? Right Brain I liked, the other two not so much.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
GeorgeH
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I was looking at beers in the fridge and spotted a "mystery beer": no label, nothing remarkable on the cap. It looked like a homebrew but I knew it wasn't because it wasn't one of my caps. So I opened it and poured it, and it turned out to be my last Cup A Joe stout. Delicious!
Bottled: Holiday Ale

Old 02-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
homebrew4u
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julohan View Post
Short's Brewery is awesome. I love the brown ale. Did you go to all 3 places in Traverse City? Right Brain I liked, the other two not so much.
no i didnt make it to any brew pubs in traverse city, i only called them.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
Rushis
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Short's is amazing. SWMBO and I stay at the Old Victorian B&B every summer.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
neovox
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 12

+1 for Shorts

BrewStreams - Homebrewing and Craft Beer News Aggregator