Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Sesame anyone?

Old 08-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
Greenbasterd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

ya i think they would jsut float at the top of your mash if you didn't do something, toasting would prolly crack em open enough to extract the flavor and get rid of some of the oil!! i'd say go for it!! and post results

Old 12-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #12
Ceetar
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Sesame Beer!

I'm gonna make a Halvah Beer, because, why not?

Still in formulation stage, bought a Halvah to eat and mull over the flavors. I'm thinking either brown or porter. Probably roast the seeds a little and mash 'em up. I think perhaps in a hop bag in primary or something to make removal easier.

There is the fat problem..but I've made peanut butter beer before successfully, so I'll work with it. Often times if you're careful you can remove most of the beer out from under the oil, that tends to float. I'd probably remove the bag first, give it another day or so and then go right to secondary. And then after a couple of days into bottles. The second transfer gives me another shot at getting beer out from under the oils and fat.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:25 AM   #13
tagz
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 15

That's so funny. I just looked at this thread the other day. I love sesame seeds. I was eating a bagel the other day and thought, "man this would be a nice toasty flavor to add to a brown ale."