Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Plastic Taste in Your Beer Lines??
Old 01-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Plastic Taste in Your Beer Lines??

If you are having taste issuse with your beer lines as I have and are looking for a good replacement try better bottle direct.

I contacted them looking for their PET lined tubing and they said they would sell direclty to me at .45 per foot!!

If you haven't looked around that is a truely awsome price for PET lined tubing.

I contact over a dozen places trying to find a source for PET lined tubing and everyone of them was asking for a min. order of 500 to 2000 feet.

The only draw back is that better bottle only makes 1/4 inch tubing so I will have to run longer lines that I was but it is worth it to not have to pour out the first once or two on every pour.

I realize this has been talked about before but I some how missed it and spent time and money on bad tubing so I am hoping to save someone else the trouble.

Here is a link to a great link with go info on this subject:

Future Brews
Jubelale Clone, Dirty Dog IIPA

Primary: Empty
Red Chair NWPA, Dim Wit

Secondary: Empty

Keg: RedShift IPA, Bootstrap IPA, Dos Equis, Albino Pale Ale, Total Domination Clone, Rye IPA, Grant's Perfect Porter, Cascadian Dark Ale, IIPA
Old 02-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

How long of line are you running at say the average 10-12psi? I'm looking to get some lined tubing but I don't want to run 15-20 feet of it for each keg. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

mcmaster-carr has all sorts of pvc tubing. i use it for everything. mine nsf-51, can be autoclaved, and 175F continous rated for food/dairy.