Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 984 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #9831
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 900 Times on 712 Posts

Just for the record Bird... they won 13 regular season games last year... not 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #9832
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 498 Times on 386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post
Wanna talk about the Pack there Moto??
this was clearly a rebuilding year.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

DesertBrew Likes This 
Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #9833
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts

Honestly, I can't decide which team is more obnoxious to hear about, the Pats or the Pack? To me, they're both the NFL version of the NY Yankees, which means that most of us would be just fine if we never heard another thing about them.

I'll give it to the Pats, that offense is tough to beat. System or not, Brady's a good passer and given a solid ground game he's hard to beat. And not that most of us care, but the Pats regularly go to the SB if not far in the playoffs.

The Pack, however, I have a bit less love for as a Bears fan. But I'll keep my opinions to myself. They just suck this year. Rodger's is by far overrated, which is why they were willing to stay with a poorly aging Favre for so long. They knew Rodger's wasn't all the hype they made him out to be. Watch the film on him this year, he's "above average" at best, and defenses are starting to really pick up on his tendencies. It's gonna be a long season down there with the Lions this year.

Either way ya cut it, Pat or Pack, they both can lick my sack. One won't make the playoffs this year, the other won't make it past Houston.

Edit: Rebuilding Year? C'mon man, famous last words of a program just starting to slip from glory.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #9834
TheDudeLebowski
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Mass
Liked 302 Times on 241 Posts

Actually speaking of dufus celebrations I wish I could find a picture of Pete Carroll's celebration over that Green Bay call. I'm sure everyone wearing their brand spanking new University of Oregan rally hat was celebrating that call. Congratulations you won one game.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #9835
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Quote:
Just for the record Bird... they won 13 regular season games last year... not 14
You know, all these 14-2 seasons, 12-4 season, 13-3 seasons, there's so many of them it's hard to keep track. It'd be a lot easier to be a Seattle fan and just have to remember "7-9".

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 10-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #9836
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
Honestly, I can't decide which team is more obnoxious to hear about, the Pats or the Pack? Either .
and just for full disclosure... this IS the "Obnoxious Trash Talk Thread" sooooo... you can't blame us Pats fans for being good at that too.

No one's got a gun to your head and are making you read this thread.

Quote:

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Old 10-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #9837
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts

Quote:
and just for full disclosure... this IS the "Obnoxious Trash Talk Thread" sooooo... you can't blame us Pats fans for being good at that too.

No one's got a gun to your head and are making you read this thread.
Exactly, thus all the trash talkin' man!

And for the record, I think your team's a blast to watch. I like Brady. But the Pats still suck!!

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #9838
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA

Quote:
And for the record, I think your team's a blast to watch. I like Brady. But the Pats still suck!!
Yeah... I'm kind of excited to watch this game on Sunday. When you're a Pats fan and you watch every game, you really start to take Brady for granted. When he throws an unintentional incomplete pass, you notice it because it is so rare but they are so few and far between, they are just kinda of little distractions once in a blue moon.

THEN... when you get to watch a QB who just sucks, like we're going to see from Seattle this weekend, it snaps you into reality. All of a sudden you think, "DEAR LORD!!! THAT'S what you could have as a QB at this level?!?!". It gives you a whole new appreciation for #12.

Quote:

Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #9839
TheDudeLebowski
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Mass
Liked 302 Times on 241 Posts

Quote:
Exactly, thus all the trash talkin' man!

I hate the hype of the NFL but it's a business. Some of the New England ball washing around here gets a little too much to take but you have to remember how long we went with ALL our sports teams s*cking. I think it's more of the NFL hyping NE than the team itself. If anyone steps out of line the team/owner usually makes them humbled (exception goes to Gronk). We still remember how we use to suck and usually put the rah rah band in its place. Plus we're all just a bunch of pricks.

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Old 10-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #9840
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Wilsonville, OR
Liked 2455 Times on 1714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
There's a word that I don't like to use, but I'm afraid I have no choice in the matter. Talking about New England "was great 9 years ago" when they won 14 regular season games last year, went to the Super Bowl, and their two losses this year were by a combined three points...

And your team has NEVER won a title, is also 3-2, has only outscored its opponents by sixteen points all season (versus New England's 52 points)... and only five times in 35 seasons have you won ten or more games....

I'm sorry, that makes you sound like a ****ing retard. Like, really, a drooling, cross-eyed, big-forehead, bad haircut retard.

Here's a tip for you from those who have seen the Pete Carroll story before... you've got about fifteen, maybe twenty more games before the rah-rah act wears out.
Wow, really neat superbowl appearance last year guys! Everything I said was the truth and that's why it pisses you guys off so bad... Calling me a retard and calling out my team like it has any weight on what I just said. You guys are worse than the inbreed fans in the SEC. Get laid already...

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting